Looking for maps of Saunders...

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been to Shunda, Saunders and Harleck a bunch of times... great time getting lost then finding our way home. lol

Anyway - anyone have maps from Saunders to Nordegg? We know the railroad well - but I'm looking for more stuff closer to the river. (ie: "The Gap")

thanks,

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing about this gap.

But not sure where or how ya find it.

sent from my HTC

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a place called THE GAP at North 52.39706 West 115.88885 also A Braseau Gap Trail on the North side of the NSR, and a Almer Lake Trail on the South side of the NSR. these both can be accsessed off Hwy 749 and the Bridge Xing the NSR. This Information is from" BACKROAD Alberta GPS Maps".

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The gap is north of nordegg on the trunk road and then west on the Chungo road. Not supposed to be in there on quads from what I have heard.
Called black stone area if I remember

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The gap is north of nordegg on the trunk road and then west on the Chungo road. Not supposed to be in there on quads from what I have heard.
Called black stone area if I remember

Medler, this sounds like a K B4 Y G Area. All I can do is help supply information, its up to the RIDERS to find out if its RIDABLE.

Bruce.

Last edited:

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bridge & NSR.JPG The Gap.JPG This is the Area in Qestion???? Bruce.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 155711This is the Area in Qestion???? Bruce.

Ya - that's the GAP that I'm referring to. I have the same mapped on my GPS; but when I put in on Mapsource - there was a missing gap which covered a 2 km run - just North and East of where it is flagged in red as "The Gap" on your map.

I have that particular section... Bruce - can you mail me the east side of the above map. That's the part I need.

thanks,

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have gps track of this they would send me

I am sorry,all I have is the software in/on (pictures) my computer, I have never been there. When requesting this type of information it would be a good idea to state what mapping software you have for what make of GPS unit. It is so much more simple to send this data direct from computer to computer if the receiver has the same programs.(GARMIN MAPSOURCE gdb format). One cannot send MAPPING, ONLY THE DATA,(trachs/waypoints) that is attached to it by the user.

Bruce.

Top Bottom