Looking for family friendly trails by Rocky Mountain House

Mudrookie

Reaction score
I camp out at wilderness village just west of Rocky and I just bought a 1000 RZR XP 4 for me and the family to do some riding, I am brand new to trail riding so i am looking for some areas where i can learn and get the feel for it, any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's lots of trails south of there back to the highway 11 intersection ( back in where the golf course is) that's perfect for learning ect , other wise u have to go west some, like horberg ( favorite spot to ride and going to miss it) or chambers .... Don't think there's much out at wilderness cause its all owned land unless u go way north mabe ... Never went that way so dunno

sent while I should be drinking tea's

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We head out there quite often with a few fellas from the site, we don't usually stay at payed campgrounds but go to crown land a lot, if your interested shoot me a pm and might be able to show you around the area, I think we are headed out there towards the 3rd weekend in May

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
Hi there Mudrookie. You can head out from Wilderness Village out of the Secondary Storage area. Follow the signs and they will lead you to the trailhead a mile or so southwest of Wilderness Village. From there, ride the trail through the forested area and you will come out on a oilfield road. Head west on that oilfield road. Follow that road west for a couple of miles and you will see a trail that heads to the south (this trail head is about 3/4 mile past the pumpjack). If you ride that trail, you will come out at HWY 11 where the rocks are. You can then cross the highway there, and then head west a couple hundred yards. You will then come to another trailhead that heads south. You can explore that area. It is all pretty easy riding.

You can also explore the trails that are around the oilfield road. You will notice trailheads all over the place. A lot of the trails are quick loops but I have only ridden a few of them.

There are a few of us at WVCA that like to go on family rides - my family included. We are the pancake people for this year. Come and introduce yourself, and then maybe we can hook up for some good riding.

Top Bottom