Looking for advice on a 08 700 H1

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had my cat for over a year now, I put on 4-27x10x12 Swamp Lites, and have lost my bottom end hit. Mid & top are still good. But what I'm looking for is the best upgrade to bring it back. I am aware of Dalton clutch kit's, thinking about a programmer (if one is made for my machine). OR.....I was with some buddies who have outty 800's, and they said, that if you take the helix from an outty 650, the ramp pitch will give you the same hit as a clutch kit(on an outty). Just wondering if this could be true for Cat as well. Any and all advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

cjm

Reaction score
hey, I have an 09 700 H1, and this is what i recomend.

Option 1.

Install Speedwerx 18g rollers, and 1mm shim in your primary, this will open your primary, and alow you to start off in a lower gear. you may have to shave the back side of your clutch housing behind your secondary, as your belt will run a little higher than normal, but easy to do. you will loose some minor top end.

option 2.

Go to arcticchat.com, sighn up and search the members. The man you will be looking for is ///airdam. He cna machine your primary to allow the the belt to sit deaper in your primary, giving you the effect of having 4.0 gears, without loosing any of your top end. This is the one that i would recomend.

i currently have the roller and shim set up, and i will be sending my clutch state side next week to have airdam machine it up. I just put on 28x10x12 and 28x12x12 zillas today, and i think this will be good.

I would definatly recomend that you check out arcticchat.com, it is a huge site full of arcticc cat specific information. Tonns of good tips and lots of smart guys if you have questions.

I wil let you know how it goes if you like.

Good l

cjm

Reaction score
Sorry, one more thing. I also have a Power Commander PC3. It is supposed to be the best for the 700h1, but i have not got it programmed correctly yet. It will fit your machine as well, and go well with aftermarket exhaust, and snorkels if you so desire.

Top Bottom