looking at a 14 pro 800 163

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at a pro 800, got the guy down to 10k. It has 1200 miles heres a report from dealer:
"Ok, so here is what the shop has to say:
- needs engine mounts. They are doing them now under warranty.
- a couple of lugs torn off track, but structurally sound, mainly just cosmetic, really shouldn't affect performance.
- drive clutch is starting to show some wear, normal for mileage. I will install a new spring.
- Quick Drive belt is slightly loose, also normal for mileage. Polaris recommends changing at approx. 2000 miles max.
I also asked them to change fuel filter, and spark plugs. Will also have new spare spark plugs and new spare belt. Oil tank and gas tank full.
I am guessing the bill will be about $300.

Snowcheck sled with warranty until Dec.'15. Lots of extras including skidplates on bellypan and Quick Drive, Vanamburg rear bumper, gas rack, tunnel bag, tether, gauge lifter, various vents, SLP intake, WRP +2" seat, MBRP can with cooker. Approx. 1200 miles and in exc. cond"

Also, he said the engine is untouched...the oil pump hasn;t been turned up

What do you guys think

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go for that.

Left over '14 163's with 3 year warranty were going for $11500. You are talking about paying $10000 for a used sled that you are going to spend another $500-600+. The extras on the sled are nice, but are only worth half of retail when used.

Why not see what is available for in stock 15's and 3 year warranty.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Dan has a good point. Left-over 2014's are going pretty cheap. Shop around a little more. You may have to drive a little but there are dealers who were selling left-over 2014's quite cheap in the spring. They didn't sell them all, I know that for a fact!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That seems a bit steep. My buddy just picked up a 2014 snowcheck demo 155 for $10500. It only had 400 miles on it. Keep shopping around. I think you can get more sled for that price range!!

finndoo

Reaction score
With almost 2000 km I would look elsewhere. It seems like a left over 14 would be a good deal. I would call other dealers in BC and Alberta, but keep in mind to ask for the out the door price as I gave found some dealers will charge for different things, for example 300$ paperwork fees. If you buy from Alberta you will be required to pay any difference in taxes at time of registration in BC. Good luck

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a brand new 2014 last month for 10,500 including PDI. So, yes there are deals on brand new '14 models out there. I got the last one from my dealer.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys

I phoned make trax in quesnel and Tyler said it will be 12,5 OTD. So I am about to head there shortly

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally your call. I premixed the first two tanks. Premixing will allow some oil to the top of the piston vs the oiler but with its semi injection I am not sure how much gets to the crank.

I turned mine up two turns. First few tanks hand calculated 45:1 average.

So did you get the 15 or a 14? They are all advertising 3 year warranty on the website. Did you take an additional discount to only have 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally your call. I premixed the first two tanks. Premixing will allow some oil to the top of the piston vs the oiler but with its semi injection I am not sure how much gets to the crank.

I turned mine up two turns. First few tanks hand calculated 45:1 average.

So did you get the 15 or a 14? They are all advertising 3 year warranty on the website. Did you take an additional discount to only have 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay I think I'll turn the oiler up, it doesnt sound too hard

No a leftover 14 163, it came to 13350...it was a showroom model with a wrap and I added a tether and fuel rack and a low w/s

Last edited:
Top Bottom