Long Lake area

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To all,
Has anyone sledded from the south end of long Lake to Smokey Lake and or to Waskatenau ?. Is there any type of trail system thru the area (White Earth), any info would be appreciated.

Switch,
2004 Polaris 700 Switchback
1998 Polaris 440 LC Indy (The Bosses)

Dzl

Reaction score
I know that one can follow the recent trans canada pipeline right of way north of Smoky up to Boyle. Not sure about a completely marked trail south of Long Lake tho. Guys I ride with have made the trek from Warspite to Smoky to Boyle, then south to Long Lake and back through Wasketenau, but I unfortunately wasn't on that ride. We hope to make that one again this year and I'm going.

poppajon

Reaction score
There are getting to be alot of cross-fences on the trans-canada line as well as the Nova gas line that runs from Smoky Lake to the east side of Boyle, bending around to the north. We hunt out there every year, and used to sled the hell out of it when we were kids. Its definitly passable, but a bit of an adventure to get around the fences.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode there on boxing day. about 1.5' in the bush and varies out in the open. You can go from Long Lake to White Earth to Brier to Wasketenau but you have to cross fenced land...there is no marked trail on crown or private land. You can ditch bang it straight south of Long Lake. Smokey to Boyle has the most crown/grazing leases which are ok to cross without permission required. Wasketenau and Newbrook Rallies go through this area, rallies usually in February. Most farmers don't mind but it's not my land.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, didn't make it up there during the Christmas break but going to get up there on Sunday Jan 06/08.
Went up to Whitecourt but they need snow, Sledded Ministik on New Years eve, not the best but alot of fun.
Best in the new year.
Switch
2004 Polaris 700 Switchback
1998 Polaris 440 Indy LC (The Bosses)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the family out for a ride today at the farm and only about an inch of snow since X-mas, but area we rode was not pounded out at all. Snow has settled but still over a foot in the bush.:)

Top Bottom