Long Island Lake Aug 24/08

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went to long Island Lake today and had a blast,Took Machine and MuddyBrute along and had a very good ride.First time in my life I went over backwards on a quad climbing a hill and let me tell you that gets your heart going.Got very lucky and never got hurt and minimal damage(bent lever).Lucky the boys were quick to react as I held the quad with my feet so it wouldnt roll over me!Got muddybute muddy and machine was well....a machine LOL!A couple pics!
catmando!

Attachments

• P8240005.jpg
    P8240005.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 50
  • P8240009.jpg
    P8240009.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 47
  • P8240013.jpg
    P8240013.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 57
  • P8240011.jpg
    P8240011.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 52

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First time in my life I went over backwards on a quad climbing a hill and let me tell you that gets your heart going.************************** catmando!
Catmando...you were going up a hill and the bike catwalked over on you?? I am worried about this with my new 800 CanAm. This happen to anyone else? Any ideas on how NOT to have this happen. I lean as far as I can going uphill.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Today was a blast i really enjoy the day and now the quad are nice a pretty after being wash they will be dirty again next ride heheh:cool:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thank god the cat was on his game otherwise it could hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Glad your ride was eventfull!!

muddy brute

Reaction score
sorry pic hopefull work this time

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 53

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont worry tho catmans got no neck to break :p.

man that looks so much better than my ride this weekend. we ended up looking for imaginary trails that we couldnt find and basically did alot of road/hardpack trailing which always stinks !!

Last edited by a moderator:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to long Island Lake today and had a blast,Took Machine and MuddyBrute along and had a very good ride.First time in my life I went over backwards on a quad climbing a hill and let me tell you that gets your heart going.Got very lucky and never got hurt and minimal damage(bent lever).Lucky the boys were quick to react as I held the quad with my feet so it wouldnt roll over me!Got muddybute muddy and machine was well....a machine LOL!A couple pics!
catmando!
Was there on Saturday except we were in the lake with the boat tubing and fishing. Kids had a blast, went to long lake by Boyle for sunday. Pics look good...I miss the mud, only been out twice this year.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Catmando...you were going up a hill and the bike catwalked over on you?? I am worried about this with my new 800 CanAm. This happen to anyone else? Any ideas on how NOT to have this happen. I lean as far as I can going uphill.

Well I would venture to say,there is no way to gaurentee that it wont happen,I always thought that I knew where the balance point is and just be very carefull if your there and you should be allright,like we all say in the mountains and I believe it applies here......It happens so fast!Well I caught a rutt and lost my balance and pinned it on a steep incline and before I knew it I was on my back with a 500lb quad rolling toward me.Funny,the first thing I thought was Im glad Im wearing a fullface helmit(I used to wear a half shell)And yes I smacked my head,And yes I'm sore as hell today!But all is good and my suggestion is,If you dont think you can climb it with confidence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Turn Around!
catmando!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I would venture to say,there is no way to gaurentee that it wont happen,I always thought that I knew where the balance point is and just be very carefull if your there and you should be allright,like we all say in the mountains and I believe it applies here......It happens so fast!Well I caught a rutt and lost my balance and pinned it on a steep incline and before I knew it I was on my back with a 500lb quad rolling toward me.Funny,the first thing I thought was Im glad Im wearing a fullface helmit(I used to wear a half shell)And yes I smacked my head,And yes I'm sore as hell today!But all is good and my suggestion is,If you dont think you can climb it with confidence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Turn Around!
catmando!
Putting the heavy stuff in a box on the front rack instead of in the back can make quite a difference too.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we ride this area alot..if you think there is mud on the south side of 663..try the north side.that hill in the pics they call baldy.there has been quite a few crashes going up.its like riding in a u..if your front tires catch the sides..look out nelly.its quite steep too.perfect spot for a "POP" break..the big sand hill is about a half an hour past baldy..:beer:will be spending thanksgiving there:cool:

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one time i was climbing the caut up side of a hill beside a oil lease(sshhhhh!!!) and my 250 fell backwards on me luckily i fell faster and had a chance to scramble out of the way and didnt get hurt but man that quad smashed the ground. funny thing you can still see my tracks and its been close to a year ago. (grass greww and held the dirt in place and theres still a very visible indent of scattered tire tracks!!!)

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dont worry tho catmans got no neck to break :p.

man that looks so much better than my ride this weekend. we ended up looking for imaginary trails that we couldnt find and basically did alot of road/hardpack trailing which always stinks !!

Just caught this comment and comming from you Leonard that is laughable.Please come to the Mountain mania Ride so you can show everybody how much neck you have LOL!I'll be there and we can compare!
Fat guys should be nice to each other!
ca6tmando!

Top Bottom