leveling kit f-250

Mr.Runner

Reaction score
looking for a leveling kit for my '03 f-250 superduty.

who makes a good kit, want new springs not just shackles or blocks.

thanks Craig :beer:

green momba

Reaction score
not 100% sure but have never seen springs for a leveling kit only small lifts. is that o3 a 7.3L or the 6.oL can't kill those engines.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've put Leveling kits in with new springs in the front Rev Tec makes a nice kit.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
CHECK OUT http://www.truxxx.com/?gclid=CISNqt67rZYCFQykagodzRxayw FOR LEVELLING KITS...... THERE ARE NO SPRINGS INCLUDED IN MOST LEVELLING KITS(THEY DON'T NEED THEM FOR SHORT LIFTS).... A LEVELLING KIT JUST LIFTS THE FRONT SUSPENSION OF THE TRUCK 2 - 3" AND THAT'S IT, USUALLY WITH SPACERS OR BLOCKS, OR OFFSET ADJUSTERS... LEVELS THE TRUCK OUT RATHER THAN THE STEEP "RAKE" THAT MOST TRUCKS HAVE........HOPE THAT HELPS

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CHECK OUT http://www.truxxx.com/?gclid=CISNqt67rZYCFQykagodzRxayw FOR LEVELLING KITS...... THERE ARE NO SPRINGS INCLUDED IN MOST LEVELLING KITS(THEY DON'T NEED THEM FOR SHORT LIFTS).... A LEVELLING KIT JUST LIFTS THE FRONT SUSPENSION OF THE TRUCK 2 - 3" AND THAT'S IT, USUALLY WITH SPACERS OR BLOCKS, OR OFFSET ADJUSTERS... LEVELS THE TRUCK OUT RATHER THAN THE STEEP "RAKE" THAT MOST TRUCKS HAVE........HOPE THAT HELPS
IT IS ACTUAL ILLEGAL TO USE A SPACER BLOCK OR TO CHANGE SHACKLES ON THE FRONT OF A TRUCK WITH SPRINGS .:nono:

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The truxx one is not a bad system ,I just like the ones that replace the springs as usually the ford front springs are sacket out and the pro comp and rev tek come with heavier springs.As for the documantation on the front end what's illegal or legal i'll have to dig up ,You phone any good 4 x 4 shop they all will say it is illegal.I know as a heavyduty tec if I saw that on big truck on the CVIP inspection I would fail it. I've seen pick-ups with 4" blocks in the front ,i'd bet you if the truck was involved in a roll over and the insurance adjuster saw that block in the front you'd have fight on your hands.This is just my two cents.

Nuckn'Futz

Reaction score
The truxx one is not a bad system ,I just like the ones that replace the springs as usually the ford front springs are sacket out and the pro comp and rev tek come with heavier springs.As for the documantation on the front end what's illegal or legal i'll have to dig up ,You phone any good 4 x 4 shop they all will say it is illegal.I know as a heavyduty tec if I saw that on big truck on the CVIP inspection I would fail it. I've seen pick-ups with 4" blocks in the front ,i'd bet you if the truck was involved in a roll over and the insurance adjuster saw that block in the front you'd have fight on your hands.This is just my two cents.

So you're saying the 2" level kits by Truxx are illegal? They have csa approval. I would beg to differ on the small level kits. Now you're talking about a 4" block kit.... that is different, and not what Sric was talking about. I too would like to see documentation about these levelling kits being illegal!!! :)

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the truxx one is not a bad system ,i just like the ones that replace the springs as usually the ford front springs are sacket out and the pro comp and rev tek come with heavier springs.as for the documantation on the front end what's illegal or legal i'll have to dig up ,you phone any good 4 x 4 shop they all will say it is illegal.i know as a heavyduty tec if i saw that on big truck on the cvip inspection i would fail it. I've seen pick-ups with 4" blocks in the front ,i'd bet you if the truck was involved in a roll over and the insurance adjuster saw that block in the front you'd have fight on your hands.this is just my two cents.

whoa.... I just talked to the warehouse and you shoulda heard their reaction to this.... I think you better find that legislation that 2" "levelling kits" are not legal. A 4" "block" kit is different, and i think for that matter any insurance adjuster that sees a 4" or higher lift kit(doesn't matter what make/brand/application), on a rollover, will have serious reservations as to coverage -- i know, i've seen it!!!!
You are stating about "big trucks", or are you refering to light trucks, about the cvip inspection?...... Because that is not what i was ever refering to, or ever was!!! I doo lite trucks and automotives, and have never refered to heavyduty...don't care to, and if i did, i would send it to a h.d. Shop!!!!
Please let me know about the legislation, because if they are illegal, I will personally have to rethink installing the Truxxx 2" levelling kits!!!
Thanks, Ric

Last edited:

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa is right I never knocked truxxx leveling kit there more like a small add a leaf set up.I'm talking about block in the front.I just got off the phone with Interior Offroad ,4 wheel parts and they all said the samething do not put a block in the front it was illegal.As for heavyduty I was just stating something that I us to do.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
whoa is right i never knocked truxxx leveling kit there more like a small add a leaf set up.i'm talking about block in the front.i just got off the phone with interior offroad ,4 wheel parts and they all said the samething do not put a block in the front it was illegal.as for heavyduty i was just stating something that i us to do.

i could have been mistaken, but it seemed like you were knocking truxxx for their levelling kits. Solid blocking front leaf springs is a different story, however the truxxx part #107010 kit uses mini springs to make up a block.... We have installed many of these, including on my own truck, and these are csa approved as per the warehouse. I would still like the literature about the front blocks being illegal to show the warehouses, if you have it available, some day.... Thanks ric

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i could have been mistaken, but it seemed like you were knocking truxxx for their levelling kits. Solid blocking front leaf springs is a different story, however the truxxx part #107010 kit uses mini springs to make up a block.... We have installed many of these, including on my own truck, and these are csa approved as per the warehouse. I would still like the literature about the front blocks being illegal to show the warehouses, if you have it available, some day.... Thanks ric
I'm glad we got that sorted out.But just like you said mini springs,which is not a block.Just talked to a ford dealership and they said the samething blocks are illegal.Once I get some time I will try and dig up some info.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i'm glad we got that sorted out.but just like you said mini springs,which is not a block.just talked to a ford dealership and they said the samething blocks are illegal.once i get some time i will try and dig up some info.

we should quit hijacking this thread!!!

Top Bottom