Let's talk about the 3" on the XM

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you port your 3'' fred? I did my 2.5 extreme on my old sled as well as removed every second clip. I liked the results it made performance wise and I never had a problem with durability. Wonder if these new 3'' will stand up to these mods after adding extra power to the sled

pepperhouse

Reaction score
Well then,
I just installed a 3" 156 in my stock 13 xm. Have heard nothing but good reviews until I found this thread. Will have to wait till snow arrives to see what's up. Damn Internet if you search long enough you'll find good and bad about everything.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well then,
I just installed a 3" 156 in my stock 13 xm. Have heard nothing but good reviews until I found this thread. Will have to wait till snow arrives to see what's up. Damn Internet if you search long enough you'll find good and bad about everything.

The problem with the internet is people paying big dollars for these mods so they(myself included sometimes) tend to want to make themselves believe it's the best thing ever. But I've built a few 3" machines now and haven't paid for one yet so I'm not afraid to admit how they work lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish they would continue to make the old style 3"....or the single ply belt with the old style lugs. Is that asking too much?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish they would continue to make the old style 3"....or the single ply belt with the old style lugs. Is that asking too much?

Apparently. The camoplast rep told my friend he can cut v notches in each paddle for hard conditions. You mean like how they used to come? Lol!!! That would take forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pistonbroke, we declipped our 3" tracks. we did every second one. just watch it on the trail with keeping snow in the track and heat. If it gets to hot you will smell rubber burning like you are doing a burn out, and then they will start to delaminate on the inside. If you have scratchers at the front of the skid you will have no problems.... unless the trail is ice. There is a weight loss there as well. little less vibration as those metal clips on the drivers can be harsh.

Last edited:

pepperhouse

Reaction score
I had my 3" 156 installed by my dealer. They added racers edge drop brackets in back looks like a 3/4" drop and also moved my front skid mount to bottom hole. I thought there was enough room to run this track with stock skid mounting location? Or is this normal? They said it was to get more clearance. Anyone familiar with this. Just wondering how much this is going to affect the sweet handling of my xm?

Top Bottom