LED Static

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, put some rough country led lights in the grill and when you turn them on the radio turns static. Is there anyway to eliminate this?
I remember on my old truck too when you turned on the headache rack lights the stereo wouldn't work either.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, put some rough country led lights in the grill and when you turn them on the radio turns static. Is there anyway to eliminate this?
I remember on my old truck too when you turned on the headache rack lights the stereo wouldn't work either.
turn the lights off?

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would check the ground point and maybe beef it up a bit

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in all seriousness, I have had this problem a few times, but with LED and HID lights screwing up my VHF radio in my logging trucks. Turn your driving lights on and you loose range in certain channels, but not all. I found that the cheaper the light I bought, the more problems. I didnt do an intensive study by any means, but when I changes out the lights to a better quality the problem went away. maybe it was just the brand? I dunno, but there certainly are problems with different lights.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not an expert but might help in your research to correct the problem. I don't think it's the actual led itself, but the driver (or HID ballast) in the light that converts the vehicle 12V to power for the LED that causes the interference, which is why a lot of times its the cheaper lights that cause it. LEDs themselves are a much higher frequency than radio signals

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips fellas. It's grounded to the battery with the wiring kit it came with.

Top Bottom