leaky hot tub

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i found a leak on my hot tub and it seemed like a simple fix. where the suction line for the pump goes into the bottom of the tub was leaking and upon pulling on the hose found all the glue had let go. now its and 2 inch flex pvc spa hose that goes into a molded bung on the bottom of the tub ( part of the fiberglass) and it looks like it has a acrylic coating on the inside where the hose goes. last night i Tried the normal pvc glue and primer we use on all the other connections on hot tubs and let it sit for a while. well the pvc cement did not hold.

Now i am trying to find something that will hold and not let go because once its full its impossible to get to. i was thinking a epoxy made for bonding pvc and plastics.
has anyone had any experience with this stuff befor.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try phoning Western Pump in Calgary. They carry a lot of hot tub pool parts and may be able to tell you what to use.

Pantherscry

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting the hot tub dealer? I had an issue with mine and they were super helpful!! Told me what to do and how to fix no cost at all. I didn't even buy the tub from them. Besides that I have no useful suggestions.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sell it to unsuspecting neighbour you don't like. :whistle::alol2:

Other than that, sorry can't help.:beer:

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worked on a leaky tub as a favor and bought cements from the tub dealer. Was blue in color. Worked each time but seemed to spring a new leak every so often. Finally caught up to them all thank god. That was after the tub sat empty all summer. Since then i keep mine going all year round

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call tubby's repairs out of barrhead. he fixed my hot tub and price was good. mark 1-780-674-0560.

Top Bottom