Lake weeds

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This year out at the lake (Long Lake) the weeds have blossomed like never before, and it's thruout the lake. What does everyone do for weed control ie; cutting with a sythe, use some kind of of biological spray ?. Does anyone know what the Government regs say about cutting weeds around docks and beaches?, any input would be appreciated.
:waterskiing:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but i believe you are not allowed to do anything. Long lake is a provincal park. you can check with Department of fisheries and oceans, they could set you straight.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I could be wrong but i believe you are not allowed to do anything. Long lake is a provincal park. you can check with Department of fisheries and oceans, they could set you straight.

Provincial/public/private.....makes no matter, you are NOT allowed to alter the shoreline or basin of any water body without specific consent from Fisheries/oceans and Coast Guard.....You would have to draw up a proposal and submit it for approval.....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get caught doing anything without the gov approval:nono:.

But if you are going to do something do it at night, hint, hint:):)

This year out at the lake (Long Lake) the weeds have blossomed like never before, and it's thruout the lake. What does everyone do for weed control ie; cutting with a sythe, use some kind of of biological spray ?. Does anyone know what the Government regs say about cutting weeds around docks and beaches?, any input would be appreciated.
:waterskiing:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy here took out a few weeds on the shore in front of his place and added a bit of sand. HUGE lawsuit went on for years.- he lost and had to pay big $$$.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At my relitives lake lot they used to have a commercial guy dredge the lake and clean out all the weeds, the beach was clean and the water was great for boating....that all changed now you can hardly get near the dock for the weeds....he winds up paddling the boat out and coasts back in.....A whole bunch of guys got together to fight it and they lost...must be left natural.

Some of them tried the midnight fix and got caught fines were anywhere from $500 to $5,000 and threats of higher....even the beach is a mess.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe these weed huggin enviromentalists should do a sit in protest.:rolleyes::rolleyes:as bogger would say.. just sayin:d

rounder

Reaction score
I know out at chestermere when they drop the lake in october thats when we all do dock repairs and if you rake the area around your dock it keeps the weeds to a minimum. but during the summer they have weeding machines that cut the weeds to about 4-5 feet below the surface. take the time in fall and spring to do some gardening and usually it will hold for the summer

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know out at chestermere when they drop the lake in october thats when we all do dock repairs and if you rake the area around your dock it keeps the weeds to a minimum. but during the summer they have weeding machines that cut the weeds to about 4-5 feet below the surface. take the time in fall and spring to do some gardening and usually it will hold for the summer

ya chestermere, wazzz up

I live in Rainbow falls,,,

Top Bottom