Kootenay Powder....:)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
"A Land of Dreams" by Roseanne Cash, Los Lobos & Bebel Gilberto, aptly describes Cowboy Basin with a nice fresh coating of powder.

This day was one of those days! A young fellow, Summit X, from Calgary was on the road before 5 am to enjoy the powder with my wife and I. Lucky7 experienced a clinic put on by my wife and the young fellow.

Cowboy Basin can surely be a land of dreams.

Epic Cowboy Basin in Elkford British Columbia - YouTube

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see Cowboy basin on the Elkford trail maps Doug. Guess I gotta come up there and get you to show it to me. ;)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't see Cowboy basin on the Elkford trail maps Doug. Guess I gotta come up there and get you to show it to me. ;)

You are welcome anytime kind sir.

One day, I was sitting in the sun above Mear Lake ("above Mear Lake" has a 3-4 areas that people ride; a couple of basins, some treed areas, and the roller area with jumps and sidehills galore) and lo' an' behold there was a shadow on the side of the mountain. To me it looked like a cowboy with a cigarette in his mouth, his cowboy hat tilted down, and I even imagined a bandana around his neck. Some people use the name and some just say "above Mear Lake". I always use Cowboy Basin......

Cowboy basin.jpg

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first the ghost rider, now this !!!

I do miss fernie ...

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cowboy Basin is west of Elkford and with the changing snow conditions I don't think I would ever get that photo again. So it is not a feature like the famous Ghostrider!

Actually Doug, that day out with you, going through pictures, I swear I saw it again. Not exact, but very close.

Top Bottom