knocking sound under left foot

snopro08

Reaction score
I have a 01 mountain cat 800 and I just noticed/felt a knocking coming from under my left foot. I was just wondering if anyone knows what this may be?

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the first sounds of your wallet comin out!!! hopefully nothing serious tho

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
does your speedo still work? not Always A sign but i noticed when ever i blew a clutch side drive shaft bearing, my speedo quit about 100 km before it blowing

poppajon

Reaction score
I had the same familiar knock last year. A couple of the small screws on the inside of the seconary helix broke and it was binding and knocking like crazy. Chewed the heck out of the helix but was an easy fix.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually a drive shaft bearing. As mentioned the speedo will either be first to stop working, or will after a while.

snopro08

Reaction score
I usually noticed it when I was coming to a stop and my speedo is not working. The speedo quit before the knocking started.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your helix make sure it aint broken. Broke two on my 07 M1000. have the fix to that problem

ajay

Reaction score
Probably drive shaft bearing behind speedo housing, will have to get stub shaft for speedo when changing it out. There is a grease zerk on that housing,,,needs grease beginnining of every season.

AJ

Top Bottom