Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anybody had there gas gauge quit working and the speedo
is it just a fuse?

vinson

Reaction score
has anybody had there gas gauge quit working and the speedo
is it just a fuse?

mine has in the past, chased wiring finally ordred new wiring harness and new speedo,still have original speedo display for sale if interested $100

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Did u get ur speedo wet? Did u boost it w a vehicle? If u know how to check diodes, there's 4 on the wiring harness, had a buddy w a lit display but no numbers,digits or fuel readouts, Replaced two diodes and blam, he's got a speedo, feel sorry tho, he came in and bought ecm, speedo, speed sensor.

vette_boy_1

Reaction score
where are the diodes. i am having the same problems and don't want to spent the money on the new gauge. I would like to try to fix it myself, could u help me out?

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
The diodes r in the wiring harness, on loft side of frame(taped w elec tape). First two(maybe 4) r by left front shock, second set of two r by air filter housing inline just above the starter on left frame rail. I cant remember which he changed, and he's out at work. I'll ask.

vette_boy_1

Reaction score
do you still have a working gauge for sale? i have an 07 king quad that i need a gauge for. i took the tape off but didn't see any broken wires. Any more help would be much appreciated. thanks guys

billybigrigs

Reaction score
How far did you go? My broken wire was on the main wiring harness beside the gear shifter. I hope this helps because it's a very frustrating problem.

vette_boy_1

Reaction score
I looked at the wires. I think my gauge got wet, would that short something out. I don't think i could have a broken, it is pretty much brand new. Does anyone have a working gauge for sale. Is there a way to fix the gauge? I tested the wires they have power to the gauge. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

billybigrigs

Reaction score
Does your gauge light up, but show nothing? If so its a loose wire. You might have power to the gauge, but a different wire brings the info from the ecm. My quad only had 1200kms when it happened to me.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check the wires down by the oil dipstick (left side), if wire trouble here you will not have a speedo or odometer. easy fix and check. check here first, well known problem area. you could also go the buy speedo etc route, no sense until you check the easy stuff first.

friggin suggestions.

Top Bottom