king quad 750

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooo, i have a 2013 king quad 750..love the quad! But buddy of mine and i were out this weekend and he wanted to try the power steering on my machine. Upon switching i realized his machine (2007 king quad 700) was way more responsive on the throttle than mine, on mine i really have to get the rpm up to get the belt to engage his is immediate. Wondering if his at 2200 km is just more broken in as mine at 320km. Could it just be my belt or clutch kit?

Thanks!

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably just some differences in the clutching. Any difference in tire size or anything like that? That could make a difference too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive got 27" mudbugs and hes got 28" mudbugs

Wemac

Reaction score
If you did a full clutch kit then the stall springs in the wet clutch will increase your engagement RPMs. Making you rev a little higher before moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he likely has a clutch kit, or at least shimed the sheaves

It could be shimmed. This is a mod that IMO is a must on the kingquad. I did it on my ol ladies. Unbelievable the difference. Super cheap and easy. Check it out on the nyroc forums

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could be shimmed. This is a mod that IMO is a must on the kingquad. I did it on my ol ladies. Unbelievable the difference. Super cheap and easy. Check it out on the nyroc forums

Thanks ill check it out

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent my clutch down to a guy that goes by vforcejohn. He was good to deal with and had a fast turn around to get it back to me. My clutch turned out to be damaged and he had it all fixed up and back in good time.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vforcejohn just does kawi clutches does he not ?

I believe he was asking about the work I had done on my bruteforce. But yes that is correct he only works on kawi. And the link I added earlier is for the Suzuki machining ,the guy is from bc.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks ill check it out

If you end up liking it and decide you want to recover your top end, you can try an Airdam stage 2. In addition to recovering (or even improving your top speed), it also changes your shift out rates for a longer mid range. I have never heard anyone complain about this setup. Rapid Revolutions deals with them and usually carry a spare that has already been done - if yours is in good condition, they can just swap theirs for yours and you're back on the trail in a day.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you end up liking it and decide you want to recover your top end, you can try an Airdam stage 2. In addition to recovering (or even improving your top speed), it also changes your shift out rates for a longer mid range. I have never heard anyone complain about this setup. Rapid Revolutions deals with them and usually carry a spare that has already been done - if yours is in good condition, they can just swap theirs for yours and you're back on the trail in a day.

Thanks ill def check it out cause thats way above my mechanical abilities, i work with wood..lol thanks for the heads up ill go talk to them

Top Bottom