king 750 lift trouble

402camaro

Reaction score
I was installing a 2" high lifter kit on my 08' 750 king and the front cv does not seem to want to give the travel. I have installed thins kit on a RZR and on a Brute and they didn't seem to have problem. I am concerned this is beyond acceptable travel and going to cause damage. Has any one had experience with this?

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Sorry to say but you bought the worst lift kit for the KQ. When you had your machine(front) jacked up in the air, did you spin the tires? I bet you there was cv binding. The Rason is that the cv axle isn't made for that type of travel.(working angles are too severe. Ride like this and you will bust outer cv joints.) Your High Lifter kit is not a recommended lift by Suzuki. Installed one on a demo, spun the tires, did not like what i felt in cv shafts, took it off, returned to supplier. Should of bought an XPATV 3' lift kit. Most Suzuki techs are aware of this problem, Know what to look for, and will ask if you have a lift/what brand.

Again, sorry to kill your day.

402camaro

Reaction score
Thanks. That is what happened on the jack stand. What is different with the XPATV lift that solves the angle problem? Not sure I see how that can be avoided.

I returned the lift kit had to fight not to pay a restocking fee but that the stealer for ya.

LeoClark

Reaction score
I've got a 2" lift on my 700, i believe its from lightning performance, i seem to go trough alot of cv boots due to very little clearance and my a-arm guards hold everything.

Has anyone tried kevlar boot guards from yamaha?

Also is there anything else i could try, a new boot every weekend gets pricey. a different lift would not be my first choice of a solution either thanks

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
acutally never, put lift kits on the, we use highlifter springs, they give you a lift not sure if its 2" but dont have any cv boot issues? may be a silly question but is it possible the kit was put in wrong, and diff between front and rear if they were swapped it may create a problem? just a thought

T

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the xpatv lift on my quad for 750kms with no problems at all

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The xpatv lift is the best one you can buy. I had one on my king for 2000 kms and had no problems. I now have a 8"slc lift on it and installed the xpatv lift on my girlfriends quad and still no problems after 500kms.

Top Bottom