kelly safari TSR

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so thats a no go in keeping the valemount/mcbride RC's happy then...

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the cheapest set of chains possible and throw them in the box of your truck. They say you need chains, but nothing about properly fitting chains.....

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to the mcbride RCMP's 20 min ago, "a winter tire is a tire that has more than 3.5mm" the officer himself told me that he runs an all season on his halfton all year round. and a studded tire is only to be used between oct and april.

so on that note, im gonna order some kelly safari tsr and stud the hell out of them and make them a dedicated winter tire.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talked to the mcbride RCMP's 20 min ago, "a winter tire is a tire that has more than 3.5mm" the officer himself told me that he runs an all season on his halfton all year round. and a studded tire is only to be used between oct and april.

so on that note, im gonna order some kelly safari tsr and stud the hell out of them and make them a dedicated winter tire.

Do it!

GRD

Reaction score
I have these as well. They are loud. Ok in the snow, not that great on ice. They do not have the mountain and snow flake. They do look good. I don't think I would buy them again. I had Silent Armor before, and liked them better.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the safari tsr's on my dmax. They look good and that is where the compliments stop. They wear ultra fast. I'm sure I pick up speed when I hit the brakes on ice and they are loud. They throw rocks like crazy too.

Reactions: GRD

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the safari tsr's on my dmax. They look good and that is where the compliments stop. They wear ultra fast. I'm sure I pick up speed when I hit the brakes on ice and they are loud. They throw rocks like crazy too.

I've heard the exact same complaints about them. Had a look at them last time I needed tires and asked around. Glad I decided against them.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
talked to the mcbride rcmp's 20 min ago, "a winter tire is a tire that has more than 3.5mm" the officer himself told me that he runs an all season on his halfton all year round. And a studded tire is only to be used between oct and april.

So on that note, im gonna order some kelly safari tsr and stud the hell out of them and make them a dedicated winter tire.

if you're going to do that, then why not get ice tires and maybe stud them? I put the hercules avalanche extreme on the big dodge 1 ton for this winter, without studs -- extremely impressive on ice.... Very quiet tire too.........

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive searched high and low and not that many tires come in a 35" tire, As I search im finding quite a few 285?70R17 winter tires out there. I was just originally searching for a 35", im starting to open my horizon to some 33" now.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, story of my life the past few weeks. Lol. Duratracs are the only designated winter tire in a floatation size up to a 35".

Last edited:

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new tires = 1500
flat of beer = 50
maybe this year ill be the guy that bums rides for beer.

Top Bottom