kakwa snow conditions

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the conditions but I heard it's groomed to the lake.

craigzz

Reaction score
excellent trail cond , lots of good snow, snowed yesterday had to stay off the hills

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is any one riding this week? I would like to go Tuesday or Wednesday, but buddies are all working. Let me know if I could tag along.

Slummit

Reaction score
Kakwa is South of Grande Prairie past Grovedale. Follow the 2 Lakes road to the very end. There is about a 45 min trail from the staging area to Kakwa Lake.
It is also accessable from Prince George and McBride, but I haven't come in that way before.

coldsmoke

Reaction score
What's it like up there? Are you guys riding powder or are things wind blown with funky snow? What's the coverage like - rocks and creeks poking through or ????? Anybody know what the temps are doing? Lots of questions I know.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode fri/sat with wife, went into babbett and broadview, fri was blue bird day, snow in babbett was getting set up and windblow but found some soft stuff in the trees, sat was snowing so stayed low and played in the pow in broadview, the lake is still sketchy, coming across sat after the warm temps and all the traffic lots of flood ice on top:eek:, other than that kakwa has a good base now just need some fresh.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 89

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got to ride in sun rain and wet snow yesterday! Left camp and it was nice, but the further in we went the worse it got. Don't really care to ride in rain in JANUARY! Heavy wet snow.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
caddy i might be in the rain to,but it will be +30 fishing of the big island in hawaii....on my way right now.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
caddy i might be in the rain to,but it will be +30 fishing of the big island in hawaii....on my way right now.

Try to catch some fish for me no crabs though. Have a beer for me, and I'll see you at the bus when you're back.:beer::d

lavermech

Reaction score
went on sunday and monday never been.went into cecial lake, babbet meadows,and cabin lakes hav lots of water/slush on top. awsom powder 2 feet in some areas. good trail in and out all groomed. awsom going back friday.:d

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions are good, the trail is in good shape, but the sun is taking a toll on it near the creek at the beginning. We rode up around Ruth, it was awesome, lots of snow you just got to go find it some spots was 2 feet. Not many people in there. The road is a disater, go in early and come out late.

Attachments

• kakwa5.jpg
    kakwa5.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 65
  • kakwa3.jpg
    kakwa3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 71
  • kakwa1.jpg
    kakwa1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 71
  • kakwa2.jpg
    kakwa2.jpg