Kakwa Rules/Regs & History

Kermit

Reaction score
Hi All,

Finally made it to Kakwa riding last winter, many thanks to an awesome guide and regular of the area. Have purchased a trail pass every year for four years now because I believe in club support and strength in numbers. With some experience under belt I intend to invest in a camp permit/sled camp this year, can't believe we're so lucky to have this in our back yard.

With that said I know there are a lot of rules that we must follow to keep this area open. Anyone well versed in the fine points (No cross border before Dec. 1, off limits areas, etc.) I would appreciate your input so I can do it right. As well I know there is great history and people that have been champions of this area for many years, what are the unwritten rules for camp placement so that an oversight does not start a fella off on the wrong foot. Thanks in advance from a fellow sled addict.

All4Traction

Reaction score
The first place you should start is by heading to the Swan City Snowmobile Club General meeting on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 door's open at 7:00 pm and meeting starts at 7:30 pm, Quality Inn, Rotary Room.

You will get ALL the information you need there, and meet some guys you'll see out on the mountain.
Conservation Officers from Alberta and BC will be there.
There is a few changes to the way camps are run at lick creek this year.

Join the club and the mailing list to keep updated. This is a beautiful area, most people respect that and we'll be able to ride there until someone screws it up

There is also a TON of info on their site. Including Maps, boundaries, etc.

http://swancitysnowmobileclub.org/

Here is the BC site with lots of info as well

oh, and Welcome to Snow and Mud!!!!

PM me if you want any more details, I should be able to answer any question you have.

I won't be able to make it to the meeting this year :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom