Kakwa Closure

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading the 2007 BC SNOWMOBILE MAGAZINE and apparently we have lost Kakwa except for trail riding ONLY. Kakwa Lake to ALTA border closed as well as certain mountains and absolutly no riding above 2000M. It mentions plans for a park corridor to Alaska....YES THIS WOULD GO THROUGH MANY OF OUR RIDING AREAS!!!!! Kakwa was closed without much notice and rather quietly, I have never been a club member but I see this will have to change for myself and others like me if we as sledders are going to have a large enough voice to protect our sport. On the lighter side there is also an exelent article on avy awareness.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came from there, rumours only, "closer on april 15". We put on over 185 kms a day. From what our guide told us only right hand side of trail going in, is closed there is still 4 huge areas open, on saterday we only say 3 other sleders. That place is huge. Our tour guide "friend is a sled member and lives out there in the winter and sleds every day. They call him mad dog his old sled "2006 800X" is creeping up on 12000 kms.......yes 12000kms insane eh!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold a polaris Indy 400 to my brother with 12000 miles on the clock and he sold it with 15000 miles on it, engine was never touched and would still pull 8000 rpm, it was the best damn sled I ever owned I wish I still had it, I was bought new my my father in 1991.

Top Bottom