Justifying a New Sled Purchase

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but when I ride someone elses sled or a rental I become more reserved and find I just dont enjoy it as much as my own. To worried about wrecking something I guess?

I agree, I've never rented before but I was supposed to take one of the 16 summits all day at ckmp, after signing on the dotted line and seeing what the potential costs would of been. I ended up taking mine and hopped on the 16 when I could. I wanted to enjoy my ride and not worry about wrecking someone else's sled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rented and really had no issues.
Part of my justification to buy was to rent a 'Doo XM and a 'Poo Pro RMK.
My decision to Snowcheck 2016 SKS was based on my rides of the rentals. I rode them hard to make sure I knew what I wanted and brought them back in one piece.
In the future, if I want to go sledding early season in December/Jan, I will rent a 163" if there is lots of snow. Otherwise I will use my new sled for everything else.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes their are issues with some rental companys but if u do make a mistake and do any damage to the sled u pay and all sleds ride different than the next. I find when I rent a sled I don't ride it as hard as my own sled because it's not mine and yes our group gets out on a average of 10 to 12 trips a year at 3 days a trip. Plus if u rent u have to book a sled and it's not a garety that u can get one and on top of it if u rent and damage the sled u pay for their time to fix it and that can sometimes cost u more than the parts are where as sometimes u can do the repair yourself'

Top Bottom