Just another noob

quadzilla

Reaction score
Hi There. I'm another noob, just bought my first quad, a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, too long for my shortbed truck to haul with the endgate closed:(. Oh well I will be able to work around that as I also have a 16' travel trailer and my boys' little FMC 90 to haul around. Looks like the travel trailer will hafta go and buy a trailer for hauling the quads when we go camping. Looked at toyhalers yesterday, but can't bring myself to pay 20 grand for something I will only use 3 or 4 times a year... I was quoted about $800 to mount a rack on the back of my traler to put the small one on...Oh well
Anyone know where to get a good quad traler?...lol

talk to all later

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

I am in the midst of selling my short box and getting a long box to haul my rhino, cheaper in the long run because I use my truck everyday the TT not so much.

Maybe later on upgrade to a TH once the kids get machines.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site...

grnboyz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!!!:clap2:
Put your feet up and stay awhile:av-31:
My Travel Trailer is one of the best investments I have ever bought, but I seem to use it all the time winter or summer, so It is worth the money.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just make sure you tie them poo down good those independent suspensions
like throw there straps .lost mine last year on the trailer still try to put back together this year

bigdave_311

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my quad and short box truck. You can check out these guys:

I built my own simalar unit with about $75 worth of lumber and works pretty good.

Happy Quading!!

quadzilla

Reaction score
Actually foumd a good deal on a qaud deck for my truck, it holds 2 full size quads, all aluminum, with 6' ramps and 3' extensions, for $1200, , which I thought was a good price, and the wife is happy we don't hafta get rid of our holiday trailer:)

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch the corner on the sled decks the clearance is pretty close a friend found that one he figure he had enough room on the pavement witch is fine
unfortunately not enough when the trailer falls into a dip and truck falls into a dip on the other side created a 5" hole into front of his brand new holiday trailer a lesson learn the hard way

quadzilla

Reaction score
Watch the corner on the sled decks the clearance is pretty close a friend found that one he figure he had enough room on the pavement witch is fine
unfortunately not enough when the trailer falls into a dip and truck falls into a dip on the other side created a 5" hole into front of his brand new holiday trailer a lesson learn the hard way

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye on that!:d

Top Bottom