Just a question about trails and side by sides

Ranarampage

Reaction score
Hi, I live in Beaumont Alberta near Edmonton. Me and my family are planning on upgrading to a side by side , Can am maverick 1000 RS. I am just wondering are these machines limited to where they can go on trails and not allowed on certain trails. If so any advice on where you can actually take these guys off road?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. You see a lot of sxs machines on the trails now. West of Edmonton and Rocky area the trails are sxs friendly.
You should not have any problems..

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But don't go in mud or water because it will get dirty or worse yet you might get stuck.......

Ranarampage

Reaction score
But don't go in mud or water because it will get dirty or worse yet you might get stuck.......

Hmmm... That's the hole reason of me buying one to get dirty. My main concern is I buy a Side by side and cant take it anywhere to get dirty. I just want to know if there limited by trails due to the width of the trail or by signs stating no Side by sides. I am not sure where the trails, My other option would be to buy two Quads instead. It would just save me some money if I Buy the side by side. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that some side by sides are not allowed on certain trails. We are pretty new to this atv thing so don't have much experience with the alberta trail system. Thanks for the help

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ride west of Rocky. I have never seen a no sxs trail..
most trails are wide enough because of the number of sxs machines using them.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my second seasons on a side x side and have not had any issues. I think where you have that kind of problem is down in the states at atv parks that are privately owned and operated

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that west of Calgary they have some areas that have weight restrictions on the trails.
Around the 1100 lbs loaded to restrict the SXS and jeeps .

Top Bottom