Jack shaft length on 850

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the jack shaft the same on a g4 and a xm . Reason is DJ is very slow getting clutch kits out this year and I would like to try the helix/ secondary setup in my 850 from my 872 xm that has the his kit . I know it won’t fix the primary but it would be a start . Could change the helix and spring but feeling lazy

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well by some weird cance did you contact DJ and ask???

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are shorter than xm. Your 872 kit will work pretty decent but, depending on the weights and spring you have in the machine, you need some fairly hefty pivot weights to get what you want. Atleast that was my experience last year

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are shorter than xm. Your 872 kit will work pretty decent but, depending on the weights and spring you have in the machine, you need some fairly hefty pivot weights to get what you want. Atleast that was my experience last year
Thanks for the info , DJ is off for Christmas and just wanting something to fix my heat issues . I am thinking that the setup I have in my 872 secondary is the same as his 850 hi elevation kits . Primary weights and springs will be a issue .dj tells me that my kit won’t be shipped till the second week of January

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info , DJ is off for Christmas and just wanting something to fix my heat issues . I am thinking that the setup I have in my 872 secondary is the same as his 850 hi elevation kits . Primary weights and springs will be a issue .dj tells me that my kit won’t be shipped till the second week of January

What altitude are you riding at?

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ride the tumbler and pine pass , so about 3500 to not quite 7000 . Checked my primary temp with a temp gun the day and it was 136 c . 18 165 x 3 inch

Top Bottom