Insurance bureau list of top 10 stolen vehicles 2014

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ford's heavy duty trucks and the Honda Civic dominate list of most stolen vehicles in the country

Jodi Lai
By Jodi Lai

Ford’s heavy-duty F-Series pickup trucks have once again topped this year’s list of the most stolen vehicles in Canada, according to the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC).

Ford’s heavy-duty trucks and the Honda Civic dominate the list of most stolen vehicles in the country, but thefts of luxury SUVs are on the rise. While auto theft in general has declined, it has actually increased in Alberta (by 11%), Yukon (29%) and Newfoundland and Labrador (2%).

“The trend of stolen F-Series trucks was also seen in Alberta where there was a 50% increase,” Rick Dubin, vice-president of Investigative Services at IBC said in a press release. “What’s more, for the first time in years, three stolen F-Series trucks, intended for export, were seized at the ports of Montreal and Halifax.”

Dubin says many of these stolen trucks will have their VINs replaced and then sold to unsuspecting people. Other times, many stolen cars and luxury SUVs are shipped to West Africa and are rarely recovered. Stolen vehicles can also be chopped up for parts.

Also read: Why do thieves target Canada’s most stolen cars?

The Top 10 Most Frequently Stolen Vehicles in Canada for 2014 are:
1.Ford F-350 SD 4WD PU 2007
2.Ford F-350 SD 4WD PU 2006
3.Ford F-250 SD 4WD PU 2007
4.Cadillac Escalade 4DR 4WD SUV 2003
5.Ford F-350 SD 4WD PU 2005
6.Honda Civic 2DR COUPE 2D 1999
7.Ford F-350 SD 4WD PU 2004
8.Ford F-250 SD 4WD PU 2006
9.Honda Civic SiR 2DR 2D 2000
10.Ford F-350 SD 4WD PU 2003

The IBC is reminding car owners to be vigilant when buying cars or parts from non-mainstream sources and to never leave their vehicle running unattended.

“Approximately 20% of all stolen vehicles have keys in them,” Dubin said in the press release. “Don’t leave your car running unattended while letting it warm up or when you to go into the coffee shop.”

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I might just go buy a ford !!!! Lol. Not !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother had his jimmy stollen about 6 years ago from a 7-11 while he ran in for his morning coffee. Brave little cock suckers!!

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to steal a Ford, Can they even give those away? ;-)

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are the newer fords any more secure? I know the door locks were easy to break on those years but how about the newer style?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are the newer fords any more secure? I know the door locks were easy to break on those years but how about the newer style?

last year the rcmp stopped by as i was parking my truck and sleds in revy at the sandman, warned us about the ford trucks being stolen. said pull the main fuse or something and mines a 2012 so im assuming they still have no chip in the keys.

i also heard they have a bait truck with sleds on it.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to know. I figured there was a reason the list didnt have 08+ even though you see way more on the roads now

i was wondering the same thing, good to know they have anti theft now. i guess i should know that i own one...duh!.

Top Bottom