Installing Ice Scratchers

Sweet_1

Reaction score
I am running a 2005 900 switchback.I have ordered a set of " slider savers" . They are basically scratchers that aren't the ones you mount on the running boards , they mount on the chassis somewhere. anyone have any pics or helpful info when we are ready to install ? We had a heating prob on the weekend :nono:and don't want that happening again, so I was advised that scratchers will help out that issue. Now if anyone could make it snow more that would also be greatly appreciated :d

paulw22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running a 2005 900 switchback.I have ordered a set of " slider savers" . They are basically scratchers that aren't the ones you mount on the running boards , they mount on the chassis somewhere. anyone have any pics or helpful info when we are ready to install ? We had a heating prob on the weekend :nono:and don't want that happening again, so I was advised that scratchers will help out that issue. Now if anyone could make it snow more that would also be greatly appreciated :d
I have put scratchers on my 06 Switchback. they attach to the rails on the suspension. I just removed the middle set of boggie wheels and instaled them there. If the snow is hard packed these will help alot. If you are going slow in trails they will not help, you need to be moving to "scratch" and snow flicks up onto your cooler and saves you sliders.

crazyforwinter

Reaction score
if your mountain riding and you have a problem with heating on the trails in, you can pack your running boards with snow, or pile a bunch on top of your tunnel behind the seat. It should help cool things off. I put snow on the tunnel on my Assault, and you can just watch the temp gauge go down!

Top Bottom