Installing Furnace in Enclosed Trailer

hookedonboost

Reaction score
I am looking to get heat installed in a 22' Legend in the Reddeer / Edmonton area. I want to have under mount tank & am leaning towards propane. 1st Question - I've heard it has to be done by a "certified" installer so it can be insured? 2nd - any recommendations on where to get it done or places to stay away from?

all info appreciated.

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin and I just did it ourselves. If you use 20lb bottles you can do whatever you want. if you install the tank underneath it is supposed to be certified. If I remember right the supports for the tank are supposed to be able to hold 4000lbs in case of an accident and needs to be removable. You will also need a regulator for the heater so you can turn down the gas pressure. We got a used tank, painted it, welded up some mounts (kind of like fuel tanks on semi's) we put heavy duty rubber around the bands so it wouldn't rub on the tank itself. We installed a flex line at the tank, where it enters the trailer and at the heater to isolate the lines from excessive vibration. While we were at it we put a BBQ/Tiger torch hook up for cooking and lighting fires. it's going to be great for short overnight trips when we don't what to bring the toy haulers (we just throw fold up cots inside). We started to rebuild his trailer this spring, still have some odds and ends to finish up. Once it's done I'll try and post some picks. Could be awhile, production has slowed way down since it got nice out. LOL

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get heat installed in a 22' Legend in the Reddeer / Edmonton area. I want to have under mount tank & am leaning towards propane. 1st Question - I've heard it has to be done by a "certified" installer so it can be insured? 2nd - any recommendations on where to get it done or places to stay away from?

all info appreciated.

Red Deer RV does this for snowmobile trailers.

Top Bottom