In need of ohm resistance specs - '08 summit = no spark

potminer

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can offer up a link for ohm resistance specs for my '08 summit. I need to meter components to see what wrong. Sled ran great until I used kill switch to stop. Bypassed/jumpered kill switch with no luck. Thanks in advance.

potminer

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can offer up a link for ohm resistance specs for my '08 summit. I need to meter components to see what wrong. Sled ran great until I used kill switch to stop. Bypassed/jumpered kill switch with no luck. Thanks in advance.

So for now without the specs, I inspected the famous red/blue wire from the voltage regulator. You could say it was showing signs of wear against the rivet. I taped it up and covered the rivet with foam. Sled fired right up however when I shut it down then try again won't always fire. Sometimes back fires. Then next time fire right up. It appears to have intermittent spark without checking plugs to verify. When the sled does fire & run, the instrumentation gauges are all wacky. Looking for advise and/or resistance specs.

finndoo

Reaction score
My 08 had a similar problem, it turned out being the connector to the coil. The wire actually was broken inside the connector. Maybe not your issue but worth a look.

potminer

Reaction score
So I definitely have intermittent. Fire sled up today second pull. Idled for 5-10 mins until I stopped it however instrumentation really messed up. If throttle it up good gauges reset just like on start up. If I let it idle down gauges go wacky again. I also noticed headlights don't illuminate until I throttle it up. I tried to start sled later & wouldn't fire. I downloaded service manual to get resistance specs. My diagnostics tell me stator but I'm far from being a metering pro! Would my statement above lean more toward voltage regulator or stator or something else? If I need stator do need whole unit or just trigger coil?
Is it possible for stator to get wet as I was riding in 3'-4' fresh POW when it happened? Would it cause intermittent spark & voltage issues? I understand stator has two parts, ignition & lighting. Is it possible for both parts to be faulty?

Last edited:

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check the black wire going to the coil,wire breaks in the connector,just went thru this on a sled in or group,wire breaks right at the coil

rondun1

Reaction score
I just had the same problem on Friday......Check the red wire behind the chain case.....look low by the tunnel....the wire will wear on the tunnel and ground out. I lifted up the wire and sled started right up. I am going to NAPA tomorrow and use some liquid tape and fix the problem. Then tie up the wires. Give it a try....its free

Top Bottom