i phone and heat?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So today at work i left my i phone in the sun without thinking about it went to check the time and it had a big yellow flashing triangle on the screen lol. It said it had shut down and needed to be cooled down so put my air con on in my truck and wedged it in a vent. It took like ten minutes before it worked again anyone else seen or had this?

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's happened to me also. Left it on a table outside at the lake It cooled off after I took it inside for a few minutes. Worked fine since then.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep.. Put mine in the fridge to cool it off. Lol. Some cases trap the heat in. When your charging it, a lot of heat is produced, if it's hot in the house I take my case off to charge it.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is cordless and I can carry it from room to room but no further.

and the funny part is, I don't want to carry it any further. Nothing is that important in my life that I have to have a phone in my pocket 24/7!

No offence implied or intended.

Jealous big time...I have to charge my Iphone halfway through the day, everyday.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing is that important in my life that I have to have a phone in my pocket 24/7!

I agree. I have one....but most of the time it never leaves the kitchen counter, and when I do remember to take it with me I usually forget to turn it on. No cell service at home anyway. Not really a bad thing!

And it doesn't even have a camera in it!

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup....probably 1 or 2 times a month in the summer......I tend to put my iphone on the dash right in front of the steering wheel of my truck cause my booster is very close and it gives me better service but....on hot sunny days, you have to be careful or it overheats......few minutes on the ac...its fine

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen with my Ipod touch the other day at work, my Samsung Galaxy was on the seat right next to it and it was still working fine but the ipod took about 10min. in the AC before it would work.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure does, happened to an old phone I had about 5 years ago, believe it was a samsung, and last year we were in Antigua and me and the old lady left our samsung and sony androids on a beach chair and went out for a swim, come back about an hour and a half later and both of them had the overheated warning on the screen and both were shut off, it was 35 celcius that day and both phones wouldn't turn on until we got back on the cruise ship and into an air conditioned room

it happens to all cell phones 0.o

Top Bottom