Hpg shocks

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running these shocks on there rear skid? Thinking of buying a set for my 08 xp for the rear sage. I put in the stiffer torsion springs but it still seems to sage more than my liking. any suggestions

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have the shocks and heavier springs not a lot of differance take a look at first ride 09 xp thread there are some ideas and answers there

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
most of the sag is from the stock suspesion setup/design
going with a full skid like timber sled or holtz racing will take away most of that sag u dont want and way better performance all around in boondocking, climbing ext
timber sled is about 1500$ for there rear suspension setup comes with shocks and supsension arms, slo need a fit kit to, u save about 15 pounds as well and make your sled handle a million times better Timbersled Products

drop the hammer

Reaction score
The retro fit 2010 kit gives you new rails which also increases your approach angle. Handling will be much better with this set up, however, probably will sacrifice deep snow ability. I'm keeping my 2008 geometry and trying what guys on Dootalk are recommending, running my limiter out all the way (seems backwards for mtn riding, but I'll try it anyways), loosen frt skid shock all the way out to least spring tension, added heavier torsion springs. I'll try this set up and then possibly revalve shocks. Letting out limiter helps reduce the sag, adding heavier springs also helps further. mine doesn't sag with these settings unless i'm on it.

Top Bottom