how to remove headlight Vent 2008 M8

Marmot MB

Reaction score
Hi all, If someone can tell me how to remove the headlight vent (Parts # 20 and 19) so I can replace my Frog Skin material I damaged there it would be really appreciated.

I removed Part 18 simple enough but the plastic exterior part does not seem to want to come off and I can't for the life of me figure out how it is supposed to come apart.

It looks like perhaps Part # 20 and 19 friction fit together and part 18 just pins it in place.

But I don't want to break it taking it apart.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pop it out from the backside. You will need to flex it a little to get the tab to come out of the hood

Marmot MB

Reaction score
So I figured out that if you push it forward towards the nose, it loosens up the rear vertical tab. then bull the bottom rear out and then pull backwards and it pops out.

I have no access from the backside the air intake assembly is there.

attempted to use a car air filter cover, cut a piece to replace my air intake screen that got ripped. well crazy glue does not really stick to this material so failed project.

going to have to purchase new tomorrow.

will keep the material in the tool box as it would work in a pinch with duct tape if I ripped more vent screens in the future.

Iamcatman

Reaction score
junk the stock covers and get the frog skins sticky covers. never fall off. I had these framed intake vents before deleting the intake and they kept falling out or coming loose and sucking in powder. after the new vent covers, no problems

Marmot MB

Reaction score
In the end I had to buy the Frog Skinz brand stick on ones. at $38 I should have just done this to begin with. Nice that even with a older sled the stores still have stuff in stock for it.

would still like to find some type of glue that does stick the air filter cover material for quick patches and fixes when on a trip.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the end I had to buy the Frog Skinz brand stick on ones. at $38 I should have just done this to begin with. Nice that even with a older sled the stores still have stuff in stock for it.

would still like to find some type of glue that does stick the air filter cover material for quick patches and fixes when on a trip.

haha i hope they keep it in stock for a while yet. I seem to rip the left side every time I go to the mountains. Luckily in a pinch you can duct tape one side and let the sled breathe through the other

Top Bottom