How long will my motor last @ 18lbs

yami

Reaction score
Its a nytro with a 270 kit. It gets run hard and lives at 18 - 19 lbs, has 2800 km and I'm starting to worry as there have been a few go down lately. It's a mcx kit and has always been flawless, I run half c16 and half premium.
Just wondering what others are getting for miles at this boost. stock motor with headshim. thanks in advance

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have about 6000km on my sled with boost. running from 15-18lbs of boost. and by all means my sled isnt babyed. you should be fine. if your worried. talk to your dealer, see how much for a leak down test and that will give you a better engine life est.

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Randy Swenson has approx 8000 kms on his MCX Nytro, I dont know if it has always ran at 18 #'s but I'm sure its been there for a while. I know a couple others running the 270 kit and have had zero problems, ProwlerK & Rene St.Onge, hes put 2500 kms on his too. I would say you are safe with the C16, probably overkill, these guys are doing it on pump fuel. :eek:

TAV

Reaction score
Website
www.primels.ca
i have about 6000km on my sled with boost. running from 15-18lbs of boost. and by all means my sled isnt babyed. you should be fine. if your worried. talk to your dealer, see how much for a leak down test and that will give you a better engine life est.

no kidding it hasnt been babied lol :p:p

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
If you're gonna run that kit with 18lbs of boost then you shouldn't be playing the devils advocate asking how long it's gonna last? Just beat on it and accept whatever comes of it...as it goes with the territory now! Doesn't it? :cool:

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Mines got over 8,000k.......all boosted and it aint slowing down:p
Now with the new 270 kit it spins 18-19 @ 7,000'. :eek:

powder muncher

Reaction score
At 2800 k you got more out of it than most 2-stroke turbos will ever do.

Will it wear more than stock fore sure it will, but if you keep up the good fuel and have no secondary issues like stuck waste-gates and so on the engine will outlast the rest of the sled at least if you drive it as hard as you say.:d

As you get more time on a turbo proper maintenance becomes key -- lots go down because of some stupid secondary issue.

Top Bottom