Horse Rescue Thanks!

Lisa

Reaction score
A huge Alberta thank you to everyone who so courageously helped to free the stranded horses last December. You are a testament that a few committed individuals can accomplish feats that so many had doubted! Hats off to you all.

I was thankful that I was able to donate money to this cause, as being from Edmonton, I was geographically hindered from digging but I wanted to help those who were actually helping.

I donated on this webpage, and I would like to know how my donation was used and I was also wondering if tax receipts would be issued ( so that I may balance my books).

Thanks again,

Lisa

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks for your inquiry on the Horses. The horse funds have finally just been fiqured out and distrubuted to the parties involved. We are not in charge of that and the leader of the group was Dave. In regards to reciepts I can send one, but not sure if it can be used as a tax receipt, not a registered charity. We will convert the list to PDF and disclose when ready.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
We are in the process of disbursal of the funds donated by SnowandMud members. The funds collected are being used to pay for much of the out-of-pocket expenses for the horse rescuers. Some of the rescuers refused to receive any funds at all (SnowandMud members Barry "bbtoys", Glen "Glengine", Rod "Adrenaline", Sara Oloffson, the Alberta sledders, Tim and Monika Brown - I apologize if I missed any names).

We have replaced the propane used in the warmup cabin, paid McBride Trading Company for the lunches they provided, paid for the sled rentals (which were hugely discounted), paid for some of the horse feed and supplies (the rest were donated by area residents and SnowandMud's "Haggis").

The diggers themselves are being compensated at a daily prorated amount to cover the fuel, etc for their sleds and vehicles.

The balance of funds (not a large amount after all is paid) is going to the SPCA.

Anyone wishing to see a full accounting can PM me and I will send it to you.

Thanks to all of you for being a part of this, and thanks to Ron (Rknight111) for having a place for us to go on SnowandMud.com

Top Bottom