Hope Creek tenure - could be busy up here now

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everything seems ok to me ...

couldn't be a better buncha people running it. I know the site and it has had logging and tree planters camped there for several years. and if you know that kind of crew, it aint "virgin land". plenty of parking off the main road. you can turn 4 place trailers around easily. its beside a creek. walking distance to the lake.

I hope it works for them as they do alot for the "golden experiance" ...

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everything seems ok to me ...

couldn't be a better buncha people running it. I know the site and it has had logging and tree planters camped there for several years. and if you know that kind of crew, it aint "virgin land". plenty of parking off the main road. you can turn 4 place trailers around easily. its beside a creek. walking distance to the lake.

I hope it works for them as they do alot for the "golden experiance" ...

I thought Hope was under the Chatter Tenure? I know for years they have talked of building a remote heli lodge on site and operating a 2nd lodge out of this site...

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think those days are over.. that is if that was the area that Chatter was wanting. Dale had that idea, and has been turfed.

as long as the tenure allows recreational sledding there, I know of some areas that do not allow access unless it is with a tour company.

I thought Hope was under the Chatter Tenure? I know for years they have talked of building a remote heli lodge on site and operating a 2nd lodge out of this site...

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the pricing would be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Snow-machiners" Is this an application to the US?!
I'm sure GSR will be along at some point to chime in, but I don't think it'll have a huge impact on how busy it is up there. As said above, couldn't be a better group of people running this.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This would be a great in a way, come in a few extra days before opening weekend in chatter. And might push to fix up the road coming in also. However with the tenure in place will open this area up to the weekend warriors. I'd still say keep it as is.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This would be a great in a way, come in a few extra days before opening weekend in chatter. And might push to fix up the road coming in also. However with the tenure in place will open this area up to the weekend warriors. I'd still say keep it as is.

Weekend warriors have been hitting hope for years.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain about that.
so many people know about this place now, and the weekend warriors will still just do quartz or Revy.. It's too inconvenient to drive for 45 minutes plus only to get to a pounded out trail.

If the trail in gets groomed, which I doubt, maybe perhaps that would attract more.

Last edited by a moderator:

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. That's what makes the experience of riding some of these areas. The days of needing groomed trails in my opinion are over with these new sleds. Definitely a 50/50 shot here, take the good with the bad i guess.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, hope doesn't get anywhere near the amount of people as other places. sure everywhere is gettin more and more busy every year. but the stories I hear of blower untouched pow days after a storm up there are too many to doubt. like so many others, I just can't be bothered for all of us to drive however many trucks all that way. so it will always have a "remote" flavour to it. and we live on that side of town ...
and really, they say max 240 ride days (or however its worded) per season. thats like 10 minutes at a revy trail head!!!

I was lead to believe that chatter creek was more focused way futher out in thier tenure for the new cabin, and that hope was only a vision in thier early days.

I know many peolpe that do and have worked at chatter, this is wot I base these "perspectives" on. butt wot wood eye no ...

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is true. All in which are just speculations at this time. They have talked about heli log for some time now, this still wouldnt do anything for us sledders. I find this is the only area where sledders pay respect to skiing and vise versa. Although earlier access into chatter or select riding areas within would be awesome.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess it has been awhile I hadn't seen this post. GSR has had tenure in Hope Creek for years now and we use it commercially and recreationally. It is one of our favourite areas when conditions are right. Obviously it can be a dangerous area and because of it's remote access can prove to be challenging to get to for a "day ride". The cabin application is for the intention of taking customers in to stay for two day riding clinics focusing on backcountry skill development along with terrain recognition and safe travel techniques. It does not change how we currently use the area, it just helps us cut down on driving back to town and offers our guests a unique experience. We have no current plan of grooming this trail, it does not limit recreational riders from riding there in any way, we will continue to do summer trail maintenance and clean up. No matter if we end up with a cabin there or not (as it is an application) it will continue to be remote sledding because of the nature of it's location. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any concerns at info@goldensnowmobilerentals.com.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess it has been awhile I hadn't seen this post. GSR has had tenure in Hope Creek for years now and we use it commercially and recreationally. It is one of our favourite areas when conditions are right. Obviously it can be a dangerous area and because of it's remote access can prove to be challenging to get to for a "day ride". The cabin application is for the intention of taking customers in to stay for two day riding clinics focusing on backcountry skill development along with terrain recognition and safe travel techniques. It does not change how we currently use the area, it just helps us cut down on driving back to town and offers our guests a unique experience. We have no current plan of grooming this trail, it does not limit recreational riders from riding there in any way, we will continue to do summer trail maintenance and clean up. No matter if we end up with a cabin there or not (as it is an application) it will continue to be remote sledding because of the nature of it's location. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any concerns at info@goldensnowmobilerentals.com.
When I was reading this, I was thinking this would been awesome for the Chris Brown clinics. So much more riding time.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, Hope is one of my Favorite areas,,,I've been sledding there for 20years and really like it the way it is... Remote.

Guess we'll see what happens with it.

couldn't agree more only been riding there for a hanfull of years tho

Top Bottom