Home school projects

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Technically still spring break here but as the kids are getting bored of not being able to socialize we are starting our home schooling early. Today was physics, built a rocket from a kit. Supposedly capable of 1000ft. Not sure if it made the whole 1000ft or not but it did disappear out of sight before partially returning to earth when the parachute deployed around the 500ft mark and the wind decided to take it away. Tomorrow will be chemistry, teaching the kids 9, 9, and 12 how to make a rum mash and a honey whiskey mash to be jarred in a couple weeks time. Pics to follow. Thursday will be mapping and geography when we go looking for the rocket.

What are you guys doing for home school projects?

Last edited:

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boys always thought home economics was an option........

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's funny, went for a snowmobile ride to the neighbors field and shot our model rocket. Forgot how fast and how high they go, slight low cloud, it was gone before I could figure out where the hell it was. Son saw the chute and the rocket coming down about 500' from where we were, luckily it didn't snag a tree. Think I need to cut a bit bigger hole in the parachute so it can't drift so far...

Top Bottom