Hit a deer, what to look for

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So, this morning on my way to work, I pasted a deer. Long story short, deer dead, and truck now pulls to the left. I hit his rear quarter panel (For lack of a better term) with the drivers side bumper. This was on the highway.

Truck is a 1990 F250. Could the pulling be due to frame bending?

Really, what should a guy look for.

Thanks in advance, and here's to hoping nothing is wrong.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if that is the case, I am going to have even more F words to be spread around. I'll check once it gets sunny out here.

Thanks again

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Hey,

So, this morning on my way to work, I pasted a deer. Long story short, deer dead, and truck now pulls to the left. I hit his rear quarter panel (For lack of a better term) with the drivers side bumper. This was on the highway.

Truck is a 1990 F250. Could the pulling be due to frame bending?

Really, what should a guy look for.

Thanks in advance, and here's to hoping nothing is wrong.

Low tire maybe .Prolly just needs a wheel alignment.Those years of trucks were fairly strong.Look at the hood to fender gaps on both sides and see if it is even .If it is even then chances are there is NO frame repair needed.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steering wheel offcentre now? Deer shouldnt bend frame but hard to tell. How big was the deer? Keep the deer or let it sit in the ditch?
If steering wheel is off now you have bent something

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey,

so, this morning on my way to work, i pasted a deer. Long story short, deer dead, and truck now pulls to the left. I hit his rear quarter panel (for lack of a better term) with the drivers side bumper. This was on the highway.

Truck is a 1990 f250. Could the pulling be due to frame bending?

really, what should a guy look for.

thanks in advance, and here's to hoping nothing is wrong.

deer!!!!

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked all the gaps, gave it a solid once over, and everything is fine. It was the road I was on that had the truck pulling left. Steering wheel is centred, all is well.

Turns out I over-react sometimes, guy has to have a solid haul truck after all.

Thanks again for your tips. Happy new years!

:beer::beer:

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say you bend a tie rod maybe I cant see you bending a fram on a super duty by hitting a deer.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say you bend a tie rod maybe I cant see you bending a fram on a super duty by hitting a deer.

well it was a 1990 was there a super duty in that year? thats before i was born... lol

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ohh i did not read the hole story I thought it said 1999. Not sure how tuff the frames are on the old ones I know certin year had issues with the frame.

kimwin

Reaction score
cant u guys figure anything out on your own, f...in people cant think it is amazing. this sounds like romper room

Top Bottom