High lifter lift kits

AC4life

Reaction score
I just bought a 750 KQ on friday and put a 2" high lifter lift on it. Im running 27" mudlites on c7 ITP rims. Im just wondering if anyone has experience with the 2" lift and if they are worth the extra ground clearance. Just dont want to be blowing axles out right and left. Some info would be great! thanks...

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
If your talking about the highlifter springs I have them you get 2" out them at the begining but after about a year they sag a bit to about 1.5" of lift I find the ride is much better. The only problem I had was the spring rubbed on the shock housing and squeaked at low speeds. We did 2 grizzlies at the same time mine squeaked his didn't :confused:
As for blowing up anything you will not any problems

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm with the tires your running you should be fine with a 2'' lift kit. I got the High lifter 2'' lift on my brute also running 29.5 outlaws I gotta be carefull casue the lift really puts the axels on a sharp angel and with really agresive tires like the outlaws you can break things verry easy. But you should be fine depending on how you ride her deffinitly worth the extra ground clearence you will be suprised how much easyer it climbs over fallin trees, gose through the mud or skeg...... besides its got warrenty right ??? You breaker take it off take it to your dealer and say I dont know why it broke, allways works for me.

AC4life

Reaction score
Yah, thats what i figured. The mudlites are very light tires and dont take a whole lot to turn over. I live in northern sask, and all the riding we do is in heavy muskeg. So like you said, as long as a guy is cautious about putting to much torque on your axles and drive shafts you should be allright. I really like the way my bike looks and feels with the lift. We still have a foot or so of wet snow laying around and i've been crawling throught fields with out even missing a beat.

poppajon

Reaction score
I've run a 2" lift and various 26" tires on my Vinson since day one, never had a CV problem or anything. Yes the angles look steep, but common sense when riding thru tough spots will keep you from bustin' stuff! I sure wouldn't go more than 2" without proper extreme angle axles (gorilla).

AC4life

Reaction score
Ive got 150 km on my new KQ and love the extra ground clearance that the 2" high lifter lift gives me. Like you said poppajon as long as a guy uses his head when riding through thick skeg and what not i dont think i will have any problems with axles and drive shafts. You are from Lloyd eh? are you coming down for the makwa rally?

MACH

Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmachines.com
If your talking about the highlifter springs I have them you get 2" out them at the begining but after about a year they sag a bit to about 1.5" of lift I find the ride is much better. The only problem I had was the spring rubbed on the shock housing and squeaked at low speeds. We did 2 grizzlies at the same time mine squeaked his didn't :confused:
As for blowing up anything you will not any problems

I believe these guys are talking about the 2 inch lift kit not the HL HD springs.

BTW You don't get any lift out of the springs. You can't make your shocks longer just by replacing the springs. The springs just bring the wheeler back to the stock stance because your stock springs are saged out. And they also give you about 100lbs of extra rack capacity.

BTW The lifts from them are great. Run the lift and the springs and the ride is great!

feyd

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life.....does anyone know if the HL 2" kit for a '07 Kingquad 700 will work with a Yoshimura slip-on exhaust? I have been thinking about this lift but have heard a few things about it not working with the Yosh.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probaly depends on if you are running stock or offset rims, stock rimms with a lift will rubb your pipe.

feyd

Reaction score
probaly depends on if you are running stock or offset rims, stock rimms with a lift will rubb your pipe.

I have ITP C-Series Type 7 black wheels. The offset with those should work....

Top Bottom