HELP: Vari-Flow

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, so over the summer I installed Vari-Flow on my 98 Rmk 700. I finally got to go for a little rip today and checked the plugs after making a couple short full throttle pulls. The plugs indicate it's running lean while it is on the "RICH" setting... :confused: The sled is jetted for -30ish and our altitude which is the same as Edmonton. Seeing as it is on the rich setting, I can't figure out why it would be running lean. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

qvperformance

Reaction score
If you do not have the variflo vented properly or hooked up incorectly, you will have problems. the variflo should be vented where the carbs were originally vented. and I would double check to make sure the hoses are the correct lenght and hooked up according to the instructions. I know that if you have the hoses too short, it will run lean. If I remeber correctly, there is a spec for one line that they stress has to be a certain length. hope this helps

Jeff

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you do not have the variflo vented properly or hooked up incorectly, you will have problems. the variflo should be vented where the carbs were originally vented. and I would double check to make sure the hoses are the correct lenght and hooked up according to the instructions. I know that if you have the hoses too short, it will run lean. If I remeber correctly, there is a spec for one line that they stress has to be a certain length. hope this helps

Jeff

Thanks for the reply.... I am pretty sure it is set up correctly. We set it up on/in the airbox. I mean with the dial sticking out the top and the large vent tube inside the airbox, the line going to the carb coming out and the vents coming through where the originals were before. Would this be an issue? With or without shims in the lines should not make a difference when running on "RICH"... Correct? According to the chart it shouldn't make a difference.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay I took some pictures of the plugs and these were the best I can get... First pic is the pipe side, second pic is the clutch side.

Attachments

• plug 1.jpg
    plug 1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 16
  • plug 2.jpg
    plug 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom