HELP: Skidoo mechanic reccomendations

samoy

Reaction score
Hello all, with the temp in the single digits overnight I have started thinking about snow again...

but, I need to fix my 06 Rev 800 motor. it blew in the spring. I think I need a whole new block. I live in Fort Mac but travel to edmonton regularly. Can anyone reccomend a good mechanic/shop to fix it and maybe add some mild performance to the stock engine?

thanks,

Dwayne

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really need to know whats wrong with the motor.if the bottom end is ok you might be able to send it to Sled head racing or RKT and have them bore out the cylinders and do a port job with a head and new pistons. is you have the HO you can go 827 or 840. thats really all you can do to these motors. for "performance you will feel".

other than that i cant reccomend any shops in edmonton besides Mountain magic. they are really good guys.

would probly install a new shortblock motor if yours is that bad. they run around 2800 installed as far as i know.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have 07 had to replace the motor 3500... that was martin in the west end ... there is a 800 in the classifieds for 2000 that captin jack sparrow on here is selling if you need the shortblock... as for machanic don't take it to martin farm .... take it to mountain magic

Blue rev

Reaction score
Gibbons Motor toys. I'm not sure if they do mod work or not. But it's not far out of your way coming to Edmonton.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mountian magic. They got the REVs pretty much dialed in for mods as well and can help you choose where to spend your dollars wisely. Engine vs clutching etc.

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found Tom at Motts Machining in StAlbert to doo great work, reasonable prices,great guy,stands behind his work.:d:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 800R motor is more expensive to replace than a 800ho motor as the short blocks are more right from doo.. I lived in edmonton and worked at a sled mod shop there for like 3yrs, there are alot of good shops there. It's kinda like custom bike building in the fact that everyone builds a quality product but they are done slightly different..

Top Bottom