help! Should I buy a 2011 or 2012 honda foreman 500 fm?

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any input please. I am not sure if I should buy a 2011 or 2012 Honda Foreman. I love Honda's but I am always afraid when a new model comes out that they wont be as good as the "older ones". Lots of people say they like carbs over fuel injection...

I have a Crf 450x for fun so the horsepower gains with the fuel injection doesn't mean a lot...

any advise and all opinions would be much appreciated... I guess I worry most about dependability... I mean there isn't a lot that can go wrong with carbed air cooled machine... thanks

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy fuel injected. Not sure why you would even consider a carbed machine these days when you have the option.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy fuel injected. Not sure why you would even consider a carbed machine these days when you have the option.

Thanks... that's what I thought... i am not very mechanical... and truth be known i get my carb's worked on. It was just some advise I got from a Honda shop... by the guy that worked on my 450x carb!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have alot of crap in the garage. I hate starting everything with carbs vs the fi machines. Once you have fi you will dislike the carbed stuff. Unless you love working on it. I would rather fuel up and ride then spend my time working on stuff.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
goog to know... i wish I knew enough to rip a carb down but I don't so FI seems the best way to go... thanks again for taking the time.

Top Bottom