HELP! No/Intermittent Spark! 2007 800 Summit X

kstafford

Reaction score
I need some help and please don't bother posting if you don't know what you are talking about! I have a 2007 800 Summit X that started acting up loosing spark a couple of times, then totally died as we were trying to load on the trailer. In the shop now we have made it run, after changing the pick up coil, it started right up ran perfect, hit the kill switch and won't start again, same thing after we changed the stator, it will sometimes run real bad and back fire if you hold the throttle wide open and pull the rope 20 times. With a voltmeter on the pos. wire to the battery it jumps all over from 0 to 12V. We started by unhooking the kill switch connector, still no spark, then we swapped out the DSS post with another sled, still nothing, replaced the master relay by the coil, nothing, swapped the coil, nothing, replaced the voltage regulator, nothing, replaced the pick-up coils, nothing, replaced the stator, nothing. We have tried wiggling all wires, di-electric grease on connections. I know it's something stupid, just can't find it. Any good ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thankyou

ihatesummer

Reaction score
I need some help and please don't bother posting if you don't know what you are talking about! I have a 2007 800 Summit X that started acting up loosing spark a couple of times, then totally died as we were trying to load on the trailer. In the shop now we have made it run, after changing the pick up coil, it started right up ran perfect, hit the kill switch and won't start again, same thing after we changed the stator, it will sometimes run real bad and back fire if you hold the throttle wide open and pull the rope 20 times. With a voltmeter on the pos. wire to the battery it jumps all over from 0 to 12V. We started by unhooking the kill switch connector, still no spark, then we swapped out the DSS post with another sled, still nothing, replaced the master relay by the coil, nothing, swapped the coil, nothing, replaced the voltage regulator, nothing, replaced the pick-up coils, nothing,I gu replaced the stator, nothing. We have tried wiggling all wires, di-electric grease on connections. I know it's something stupid, just can't find it. Any good ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thankyou

I had a similar problem this year. Have you tried charging the battery or putting a new one in? My sled started but would only run on one cylinder. I changed ECM and coil. Checked everything else and couldn't figure it out. Took it to the dealer and they changed the battery and it worked fine. We had checked the battery and it had a charge but not enough I guess. Hope that helps

kstafford

Reaction score
Yah, we have tried with the battery unhooked, hooked up with a booster pack, just a booster pack, a battery charger on it too. Nothing seems to change, all I can think of is a loose wire somewhere, but we have wiggled and pulled everything we can find, disconnected, di-electric greased every connector we could find. Still nothing.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would post this question on dootalk.com, in the rev mountain sled section. There's a lot more traffic over there.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problem hope you can get to the bottom of your issue soon.

I should rephrase that, there's lots of traffic on s&m but not the rev specific traffic your looking for

Top Bottom