help me please.. mystery electrical problem.. 2009 arctic cat f570

tntsmallmotor

Reaction score
IM on here again... Nobody can figure out my problem.. Sled is a 2009 F570.. Sled idles great, soon as I touch throttle I lose spark and it dies.. I know it's not a carb issue, I keep getting told it's the TSS but it seems to test great, it is a closed circuit when ur off throttle and soon as u touch throttle u break the circuit... That's is what mine is doing... I have also changed the coil, no change... What am I missing? I know it's spark cause I run a spark tester from my coil wire to plug and it Sparks great until u touch throttle and u lose all spark.. Is there any chance it could be messed up in CDI box.. Where can a Guy see wiring diagram? Thanks for all the help guys.. Cheers

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me thinks , the thumb lever have any play can't have noplay there is a safety switch there to

three switchs one on each carb and one on the thumb lever here is where the problem lays take a deep breath and you will figger it out

did not lose a magnet in the slide of the carb when you had them apart ??

tntsmallmotor

Reaction score
So the tss switch should be closed.circuit when ur off and on the throttle??? Can I jump that switch.just.for.testing?

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the TSS to me as well. I found out the hard way a couple yrs ago when we towed my wifes sled 2 miles across a field through 3' of snow. Flipper got broke off and it would idle all day but touch throttle and it would die. I don't know how you would bypass it to check it.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue on a 2009 bearcat.
Try holding the throttle fipper tight to the pivot point and rev it up.
See if this works.
How I by-passed the throttle switch was put a nail in the pivot point.
Not the safest but got us going.

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
unplug the switch at the top of the steering coulum and it should stop the problem,if that works change the tss. not safe to run with it unpluged

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
If its not fue injected if should normally be a open all the time,so to test just unplug it at the steering colum and it should run, make sure your throttle cable isn't stuck before trying it.Its called a tss for a reson.If its fuel injected there should be a bypass plug in your tool kit

tntsmallmotor

Reaction score
No its not fuel injected but jjack ur on the same page, so i unplugged it and i still lose spark when i hit throttle, im thinking it is not the safetys, im wondering if it is stator problem possibly, or pick up, a new cdi box is 500 bucks so just not sure where to try next....

Top Bottom