HELP!! M7 high idle

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
I put a set of boyeseen reeds in my sled and when I put it together and started it, it was idling a bit high but when I gave a shot of gas it to 3500rpm would stay close to that rpm and hold there until i shut it down. My throttle cable is returning to the closed position but somehow it still revs. I fouled 2 plugs so im thinking that the FI is still pushing the same fuel even though my throttle bodies are closed. I tried unhooking my Killswitch / throttle safety switch but did not help. I think it is electrical because i checked for cracked/loose intake boots, tight cables etc..

Thanks in advance, Peter

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it was fine before the install go back and look around possibly an air leak

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
That was my first thought as well but the gaskets are new, bolts are tight and torqued in sequence and air boots seem to be good as well. I tried it again tonight and it started up fine idling around 1560rpm (normal) but when i gave it throttle up to 2000rpm and let go it held there and then i revved it to 3000rpm and it stayed there and 3500 and so on, just like the throttle was sticking but after letting it sit at 3500 on its own for a while i shut it off without touching the throttle and re-started it and it was at 1560 agian right off the get go without me touching anything. I tried this several times and it was the same each time, this leads me to think it isn't mechanical but what the hell could it be:eek: As i said before the throttle bodies/ cable seem to return to fully closed with no restriction .

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
Take off your carbs And clean them in a solvant tank and take a air hose and blow out the jetts on my dirt bike it kinda did somthing like that also check the floats make sure there free to move up and down if that doesnt work then try reinstalling the old reeds and see if it continues they might just be faulty reeds Just my $0.02

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
belt on or off . sleds I have worked on EFI.s sometimes rev high without the belt its a efi thing .:cool:

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
Belt is on, I talked to a mechanic and he suggested the throttle position sensor, i may have pulled a wire in one of the connectors, so i will borrow a wiring harness from a buddy and try that

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Well I took all my intake off today and hurt my pride in the process lol , I left a paper towel stuffed in one the throttle bodies! Its gonna take me a while to recover from this blow :beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom