helmet cam at jbs

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was at jbs powercenter on the fort road in edmonton yesterday and seen a sweet helmet cam for $249 thinking of get it next time i go to the city any one have one of these thanks colin and it was a go-pro sports video camera and it shoots up to 50mins and sound looks nice

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Make sure it is the wide angle version and I've heard they are hard on batteries and need to be fed the 10 buck lithiums to get near that in colder weather....search go pro on DTalk...there is a good thread.

Plus...eBay has them a lot cheaper the JB's

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds nice, I guess the only complaint guys have is battery life. It shoots 50min at what temp? I wonder. Still thats the way to go I think. Maybe just get an extra B-pack. :beer::d:beer: We'll be lookin forward to some good vids!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah really never thought about battery life half to look into it abit closer:d

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the go pro is what i used. its great just make sure to use lithum batteries, they lasted me 2 full days of riding.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got one from Ebay for about $150 US shipped. Works awsome, I'd buy it again (Wide angle version).

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a POV helmet cam. It came with the 90* view and i purchased the wide angle , about 110* view which is way better. Battery life sucks though. I have to keep the recorder in my jacket, close to body heat or else it does not last. They are kind of fun though. I use it sledding, skiing and on my dirtbike. I am logging time with it to get some good footage for future use.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys my wife is going to pick me one up this weekend watch for a video playing near u haaa:d:d

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the lithium batteries. Alkaline are a joke. Don't last more than ten minutes on alkaline. I'm still on my first set of lithium batteries. Memory card will be full many times before I change batteries.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just found out about this one tonight, i like that it dosent stick out as much on the helmet as the gopro and its way cheaper than a vholdr

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Not really way cheaper:

Go Pro:
5 Megapixel HERO Wide Camera with 170º Wide Angle Lens
1 Shockproof/Waterproof Quick-Release Housing
1 Headlamp-Style Head Strap
1 Vented Hemlet Strap
2 Curved, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
2 Flat, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
1 Three-Way Pivoting Side Arm Assembly
2 Quick-Release Buckles
1 USB/RCA Combo Cable
Warranty: One Year
USD$$$ 189.99

Tachyon XC:
??? Megapixel 50º Angle Lens
Battery Cartridge
Remote Control
Swivel Mount
General Mount
Side Mount
TV Cable
USB Cable
Warranty: 90 Day
USD$$$149.99 plus $$20.00 Shipping

Technicaly the GoPro is a better camera...plus warranty is a year not 3 months.

JBs Automotive sells the Motorsports Hero Wide for $249.00 not the ‘Helmut Hero Wide’, you’d still have to buy a mount.

I’m still leaning toward the GoPro…just a matter the best place to buy…checking eBay.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea bro I got one it takes good video and mine is actually good on batteries, sucks that all you others guys' are hard on batteries but yeah it a good camera in my opinion. :)

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the gopro 5.0 wide with all the attachments and mounting hardware and had it delivered to my door for $205CAD off ebay. Haven't had a chance to try it yet but have heard some great reviews about it. The shop I bought it from will honor the warranty for one year, all I have to do is ship it to them and they cover the shipping to get it back to me.

Top Bottom