Hello, looking for feedback on increasing F7 racing performance

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should probably check out Arcticchat.com or Hardcore sledder.com... lots of tips and info on those sites regarding the F sleds... not that I'm trying to steer you away from this site, this is a great site but alot of Doo guys here, and obviously they're no help to you, they don't know much about going fast... :D:D

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should probably check out Arcticchat.com or Hardcore sledder.com... lots of tips and info on those sites regarding the F sleds... not that I'm trying to steer you away from this site, this is a great site but alot of Doo guys here, and obviously they're no help to you, they don't know much about going fast... :D:D
u must be an xpert on going fast, u got 3 z120's

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 4 year old thinks his z120 is fast! :D If he thinks it's fast then I guess I know something :D:D
thats cool, start em out young, my nephew got the very first mini z when he was 3-4, we piped and geared it, by the time he was 6 or 7 he was following us around the flatlands on a 98 mach z, now he's 12 and he comes to the mountains with us every trip, last year he put 3500km on his 07 600 summit 144, 3000 of those were throttle to the handle bar, and this year he's upgraded to a xp 800 154, he can actually truly ride for such a young kid because we started him out so early and taught him how to respect the machines

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats cool, start em out young, my nephew got the very first mini z when he was 3-4, we piped and geared it, by the time he was 6 or 7 he was following us around the flatlands on a 98 mach z, now he's 12 and he comes to the mountains with us every trip, last year he put 3500km on his 07 600 summit 144, 3000 of those were throttle to the handle bar, and this year he's upgraded to a xp 800 154, he can actually truly ride for such a young kid because we started him out so early and taught him how to respect the machines

Wow.. love to hear that! Good for him!! :D:D I can't wait for my oldest to come to the mountains with us for the first time, he is 11 and also is a natural on a sled or a quad. Like you said, start 'em early and teach them how to respect the sled and it's power so they'll be safer and smarter and able to enjoy sledding with less chance of injury or worse?:cool: I need a mid sized sled REAL bad right now. My boys are 4, 7 and 11 years old and all their 120's are improved as well. My eleven year old hounds me every day for an M5 or a Freestyle. Wish I could swing it right now but, Oh Well? Next year.

But between you and me... don't you feel a little bit guilty for starting that poor boy sledding on a Doo? :lol:

Attachments

• 2006_11140129.JPG
    2006_11140129.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 77

Bucky

Reaction score
Hey Scotty, just wondering, whats the boy doin askin for a m5 or a freestyle? Maybe after all these years of seeing Uncle Bucky in those piks sitting on a doo has finally swayed him to the dark side. Or should I say the doo side!!!:Snowmobile1:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Scotty, just wondering, whats the boy doin askin for a m5 or a freestyle? Maybe after all these years of seeing Uncle Bucky in those piks sitting on a doo has finally swayed him to the dark side. Or should I say the doo side!!!:Snowmobile1:

Bucky!!!... I hope my boys never go to the Dark Side!!! I don't think my pocket book could handle it! Or my Pride!

Bucky!! Zac has seen all the pics of "Uncle Bucky" out with the Cat boys on his Summit! After looking at the pictures he always asks... "Why are all the Yellow sleds broke down?" My response is.. "They get that way so the Green Sleds can pull them back to the staging area for repairs!"

He usually shakes his head and says things like "Dad... you're such a narrow minded CAT guy", he hears that from his mom.

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But between you and me... don't you feel a little bit guilty for starting that poor boy sledding on a Doo? :lol:

not at all, he was young and impressionable so we thought we would start him off on the right foot, and now he runs all cats off the hill, just like we taught him

Bucky

Reaction score
Come on now Scotty, I can only think of 1 time that a Summit was pulled to the staging area, and that was only because the driver never heard of Maitenance. I doo remember a certain 98 ZR get towed by his big brother not too many sleeps ago!!!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on now Scotty, I can only think of 1 time that a Summit was pulled to the staging area, and that was only because the driver never heard of Maitenance. I doo remember a certain 98 ZR get towed by his big brother not too many sleeps ago!!!

LOL :D If I had'nt pulled that summit out I would'nt have stressed the ZR so much! Actually, the zr calved because I landed on a stump and hammered the bellypan into the cluth at about 7500rpm... Clutch broke in halve. The next trip after a new clutch, the crank went (pto bearing side, which I was warned would happed after the previous impact to clutch).

The Summit lost a pistion mag side... burn through.... trying to keep up to a Cat as I remember!

Summit mileage at time of death: 1100 KM
ZR mileage at time of calving: 4300 MILES (7100 KM aprx.?)

Anything else you want to talk about? I know your blood runs green, too bad all your riding buddies are from the dark side :nono:

Top Bottom