Guage cluster, cluster ****.

DR800X3

Reaction score
My 09 Summit X has lost it`s odo + fuel gauge plus my handwarmers quit. Not sure if the handwarmers are related. There was slight moisture inside showing behind the lens. Also wondering if you can remove the thermostat as it heats up too quick in my opinion,scratchers down and i pack the top of the heat exchanger with snow to cool it. Ideas? Thanks.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 Summit X has lost it`s odo + fuel gauge plus my handwarmers quit. Not sure if the handwarmers are related. There was slight moisture inside showing behind the lens. Also wondering if you can remove the thermostat as it heats up too quick in my opinion,scratchers down and i pack the top of the heat exchanger with snow to cool it. Ideas? Thanks.

Check your fuses

Sent from a iPhone

DR800X3

Reaction score
I checked all three fuses,all good. After scanning pages and pages of posts here it seems to be a common issue. Next week ill pull it out and stick it in a bowl of rice like was suggested elsewhere,save 450 bucks if it works :)

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
The XP’s have an external thermostat on the right side. I would look into getting a lower temp thermostat rather than removing it. I have not traced everything out but am familiar with this type of thermostat and you could be even worse for overheating. Fluid will take the path of least resistance with this type and it might bypass the cooler all together. When the thermostat moves it blocks flow going back to the engine and forces coolant into the heat exchanger.

I have not had any overheating issues with my XP and none of my riding buddies have had issues. Did you check to make sure a line is not kinked going back to the cooler? Is your snowflap to short? Thermostat could be stuck also.

DR800X3

Reaction score
I added on 7 inches to the snowflap and it made quite the difference. Never noticed the section below "Ski-doo" was gone,so i added even more. Just be careful backing up.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Good to hear it was a quick fix. I only cut a couple inches off the bottom, about where the two little diamonds are in the flap and have not had any problems. Did you fix the cluster with the rice as a desiccant trick?

DR800X3

Reaction score
Picked up a bag of rice today and will stick it in later. Sure hope that works.

Top Bottom