GSX-R question

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is a 04 GSX-R 750 pipe the same as a 03 GSX-R 600???? a guy has an aftermarket pipe that he says is to load and and wants to trade for a stock pipe....I find the stock not load enough till you get over 10 000 RMP LOL any input? being a 4 stroke there will be no need to add fuel to the engine with just changing a pipe?

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
the headgaskets are the same on the engine on both motors

partnumbers for the pipes are different though

prety tough to say if itll fit
if it fits doesnt mean its good though ! since u could loose hp cause the pipe is designed and flowtested for a 600 not a 750

just checked on akrapovic site and they are the same 600 and 750 headers are different part number

are u actually talking about the pipes or the rear muffler ?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he was talking just the rear muffler...will have to e-mail him back to see if it was a slip on muffler or the hole pipe/muffler.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is just a slip on I think it is the same. I know for my 05 i put on a level one slip on and the idle was affected. Once warmed up it idles like it should but when cold it lumps like a Harley. I should pick up a power commander and re-map it, just haven;'t done that yet.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is a 04 GSX-R 750 pipe the same as a 03 GSX-R 600???? a guy has an aftermarket pipe that he says is to load and and wants to trade for a stock pipe....I find the stock not load enough till you get over 10 000 RMP LOL any input? being a 4 stroke there will be no need to add fuel to the engine with just changing a pipe?

i think you must mean loud, not load;);)

Top Bottom