Ground Pressure of a lawn roller

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the 24" being almost twice as heavy it will have higher compaction.

If that is not sufficient then I suggest a steam roller.

What are you trying to accomplish? I used a roller to try and get all the dew worm lumps flattened. Even after a good soaking to soften up first didn't work.

lol, I totally agree that in principle the 24" will apply more ground pressure.....

this has gone beyond the job at hand and turned into more of a math equation for me....I thought there was a scientific way of measuring this.....

Thanks for the responses :beer:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, I totally agree that in principle the 24" will apply more ground pressure.....

this has gone beyond the job at hand and turned into more of a math equation for me....I thought there was a scientific way of measuring this.....

Thanks for the responses :beer:
this should keep you busy for a while.

Arc Length

Definition: The distance along the curved line making up the arc (See also Angle measure of an arc.)

Try this Drag one of the orange dots that define the endpoints of the blue arc. The arc length will be continuously calculated.

The arc length is the measure of the distance along the curved line making up the arc. It is longer than the straight line distance between its endpoints (which would be a chord)
There is a shorthand way of writing the length of an arc:
Equation-2.jpg
This is read as "The length of the arc AB is 10". The lower case L in the front is short for 'length'. However, in many cases the letter L and even the curved line over the AB is left out if there is no doubt about what is meant.

The formula the arc measure is:
arc length
=
π
R

C

where:
C is the central angle of the arc in degrees
R is the radius of the arc
π is Pi, approximately 3.142

sorry the animation didn't post.

Last edited: