Gronlid, Sk

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Bunch of us going on sled trip next weekend to Gronlid Sask and staying at the Outerbanks

How's the snow up there? Any recommendations where to sled too? We are not trail riders so prefer powder to play in or the hills to climb

Any good place to eat?

Thanks.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Not to much around there for hills just about all trails but you can always find places to play you can put on tons of miles in a day fields have a bunch of snow but the winds around christmas pushed alot of it to the tree lines making huge drifts they are always fun to rip apart. As for eating there is not much except the ski hill and the Bears den in gronlid and you got to have a paralyzer at the Bears Den best in Canada. You can always jump on the river and ride to Nipawin more choices there or ride the trial back to Melfort

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Fields are ok, ditches finally have enough in them.

Sent from my iPhone using

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Love siding has a great menu and so does snowdon.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My family back in Melfort say the snow is good around there this year. I haven't been back to see for myself but there is usually good riding around there.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
There is some decent hills up in the eskers

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow is ok, but its hard and windblown now. I would go north towards Wapiti, the trail from Gronlid to Wapiti is actually pretty good (lots of places to go off trial) after the first about 10km through the field before the trail goes into the bush. There are some small elevation changes in the river valley.

Rufer19

Reaction score
How was the stay at outerbanks? Any recommendations on where to eat or sled? Just found that place online, looks like a beautiful place to stay. Hoping to go up for a weekend with the wives, maybe do a little trail riding/ice fishing maybe even play in some pow if we're lucky.

Sent from my iPad using

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the snow stays and doesn't melt or blow away, did an eskers ride every year from the time I was 12 to when I was 18, always was less than half the snow up there than there was at Whiteswan Lake, and a third as much as there was a Little Bear lake, nice area though

There is some decent hills up in the eskers

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
I ended up not going due to a close buddies funeral that weekend. But the rest of the group went (11 or 12 in total). They said Outerbanks cabins were awesome, greta people to deal with, everyone had there own bed plus couches if there were extra people, already booked cabins for trip there for 2015.

They said they basically followed the river and ventured off from there to find lots untouched snow.

Top Bottom