grizzly 660's axles

SX_Viper_mtx

Reaction score
i have a 12/02 grizzly and i can never order the right axle for it. i don't want to order the factory ones so i ordered the kimpex upgraded ones which seem to be lasting however, what i wanna know is the difference between the years they changed. can i if i changed the whole axle put one off of an 05 style?

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
02 are different than the other years 03-07 are all the same. I have an 02 and there is no after markets that I could find I always end up going back to the dealer for them......I have once in a while seen rebuilt one on e-bay

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
No idea but when I get it out I will have a look at it but it is 1 piece axle 2 peice wheel bearings. Why do you ask on the month? did some later 02 change?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I understand your frustration not getting the answers right away but it is the long weekend and the people on here over the weekend are all frustrated as well cause were not out riding (me included).The few of us that are left.
And yes Im having axel isues as well,Brute Force cant help ya!
catmando!

SX_Viper_mtx

Reaction score
No idea but when I get it out I will have a look at it but it is 1 piece axle 2 peice wheel bearings. Why do you ask on the month? did some later 02 change?

yes, they did change somewhere in the year of 2002. not sure what year but its proven t0 be a challenge t0 get the right year axle for mine. the splines on the axle shafts are different.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
axle problems,,,, application???? ya i here your pain imagine being a dealer and having to carry 12-14 axles to cover the most popular models....ya not all only a handfull, at 2-400 a pop it gets a bit costly,, and the rhino axles, i actually had to make a flipp in chart:rant:,, basically the offical word is there isnt a problem and was never a problem, however we both know thats horse sheeeet
the changes are call "refinements" ya. so what happened to the axles that were not a problem was they got fatter.... and you have to change out both joints in some case and the axle nut as the shaft on the outside is larger too....

dont get me going,,,,,:realmad::realmad::realmad:

BUT IT WAS A GREAT LONG WEEKEND, I WAS OFF AT THE GARNER LAKE, AND HAD A GREAT RELAXING WEEKEND...

IF YOU PM ME YOUR VIN AND YR I WILL VERIFY WHICH ONE YOU NEED OR GIVE YOU THE CHANGE UP PART NUMBERS REQUIRED FOR YOUR UNIT

T

Top Bottom